druv10

Monday Numbers (Rth) IO 4.95M, JW 4.15M & TG 3.42M

IO over JW from now on

I dunno. JW probably gets a better bump this weekend, at least. It's played pretty strong on the weekends, and while I think Minions might hurt both a bit, it'll probably hurt IO more. I wouldn't be surprised to see JW ahead for this weekend at least. Say, something about 21-22m in comparison to IOs 19-20m.

After that, though, sure I expect IO to get ahead next week on the weekdays and stay there.

I dunno. JW probably gets a better bump this weekend, at least. It's played pretty strong on the weekends, and while I think Minions might hurt both a bit, it'll probably hurt IO more. I wouldn't be surprised to see JW ahead for this weekend at least. Say, something about 21-22m in comparison to IOs 19-20m.

After that, though, sure I expect IO to get ahead next week on the weekdays and stay there.

As a studio sibling of Minions, JP4 also has the fudge factor in its favor. During JP4's opening, Pitch Perfect 2 conveniently dropped 15% while Furious 7 had a nearly 39% increase despite losing over 24% of its theater count. JP4 will benefit from a huge opener released by the same studio just as PP2/F7 benefited from JP4's opening.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Let's not get carried away. This is, in the end, a movie targetting kids. Previews is not as important for this movie as the Friday and Saturday takes. 4M previews is more than enough to get 100M, 10M would be literally crazy weekend take.

$4 million previews would be closer to $80-90 million. Especially since Minions is an established franchise. Certainly it'll be at least as frontloaded as IO.

$5.5-6.5 million are my guess for previews... 

But I do agree $10 million previews would mean $140 million+ OW.

$10 million

$52.5 million

$58 million 

$47 million 

$167 million OW  :lol: that's not going to happen with JW/IO still doing $18-20 million, and the other films adding up to $35-45 million.