druv10

Monday Numbers (Rth) IO 4.95M, JW 4.15M & TG 3.42M

Wow, MINIONS is tracking at 124 M. Three 100 M openers for Universal in a year?

Was there even a year when a studio had two?

Another very underpredicted tracking, it will open way higher than that, I say in around $150m OW range.

Another very underpredicted tracking, it will open way higher than that, I say in around $150m OW range.

With a $150 million OW, a 2.5x-2.7x is happening, especially with Ant-Man and Pixels nipping at some of the family demo and the meh reception so far.

$375 million-$405 million is nothing to snuff at, though. Especially since this would be a spinoff becoming the highest grossing of its franchise  :lol:

• Like 1

With a $150 million OW, a 2.5x-2.7x is happening, especially with Ant-Man and Pixels nipping at some of the family demo and the meh reception so far.

$375 million-$405 million is nothing to snuff at, though. Especially since this would be a spinoff becoming the highest grossing of its franchise :lol:

True...I think Universal really nails the marketing and hype for their tentpoles this year. And just because they missed it with Ted 2, doesn't mean no one will be going droves for Minions.

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if IO made less than $15m next weekend. It seems to have enough of an audience and strong enough WOM to reach beyond kids. MU was in a much worse position, it certainly didn't help that a new Disney film came out the same day.

• Like 2

IO is not gonna drop that hard on weekdays.

IO isn't jumping 30% on Tuesday and it's not dropping 5% on Wednesday.  

TA is closing in on JW -- 10m monday vs 4.2m monday. 

Welcome aboard.

When analyzing numbers, you don't just take the amount, you have to look at the time of year and what is on that day.  That's a holiday Monday in the US.  If you look at the numbers going forward, Avengers falls 70% on Tuesday, when JW will go up by about 10-15%.  So JW is still doing better than Avengers.  There's a lot to consider when looking at numbers.  

• Like 1