CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

That preview number makes me a bit nervous... Am I the only one who doesn't think animation OW record is a lock? The way I see it, DM2 had a $35M OD from $4.7M in previews. The same ratio for Minions gives it about a $46M OD, which would probably only lead to $115M-120M OW... Not to mention previews started at 6 PM so that's an advantage there... Who knows how many extra showtimes that could be...

• Like 1

Time for The Marked Ones. It didn't came out in theaters here. PA5 won't either. Nor will Rings or Scouts Guide to Zombie Apocalypse. Horror truly doesn't work here at all. 

Edited by CJohn

That preview number makes me a bit nervous... Am I the only one who doesn't think animation OW record is a lock? The way I see it, DM2 had a $35M OD from $4.7M in previews. The same ratio for Minions gives it about a $46M OD, which would probably only lead to $115M-120M OW... Not to mention previews started at 6 PM so that's an advantage there... Who knows how many extra showtimes that could be...

Not quite locked yet. But, I have feeling as Rth and Gopher provide updates later today, I'll look like much more of a lock.

DM2's OD was also on a Wednesday so it was somewhat deflated by that fact as well.

• Like 1

Yep. Give people they want to see and if its not a Pixar film it's automatically a cash grab. You guys f****** make me laugh sometimes seriously you're so predictable. Pics are really does donate all of their money to charity don't they.

• Like 3

I still love how a 115-120m leads to an only

• Like 2

DM2's OD was also on a Wednesday so it was somewhat deflated by that fact as well.

Valid point...but it was also the day before July 4th, meaning Wednesday night would have acted more like a Friday night. Still though, I expect it to reach 130ish for the weekend and maybe more.

Yep. Give people they want to see and if its not a Pixar film it's automatically a cash grab. You guys f****** make me laugh sometimes seriously you're so predictable. Pics are really does donate all of their money to charity don't they.

I'm a huge Pixar fan, but if Minions has a chance at making history, I'm all for it. It's box office, I'm a fan of big numbers.

• Like 2

calm down tonto it's not that serious

• Like 1

My friends and I constantly make fun of the fact that she's all over the ads, because everybody knows that nobody gives a crap Sandra is in the movie except for like, maybe a select few. Have you seen an ad for this movie that is JUST Scarlett Overkill? Everybody is going to see this movie for the yellow banana lovers. Without her, maybe $5 mil less. MAYBE. That's being really kind.

It's for older adults who normally wouldn't go see a silly kids movie. Not kids/teens/parents lol. There might be someone without kids and has zero interest in the Minions - "Oh, Sandra Bullock's in this? I liked her in that Blind Side and Gravity. This could be cute." 

Maybe not a huge effect, but for those who don't like the Minions necessarily, but like her, she might push a few of the older casual moviegoers towards it. Maybe $10-12 million, but without her, the movie would decline very slightly. 

Sandra Bullock has the Midas touch, for whatever reason, over the last 5 years.