CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

So did mine. Gotta be kidding with this nonsense. So long as he and his writing partner aren't scripting it, it could be okay. Don't get me wrong, I like Jurassic for being such gleefully B-movie and obsessively sending up Jurassic Park but come on, man. Following up J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson with Trevorrow? No. Hope that falls through.

Safety Not Guaranteed is a terrific movie with a fantastic script. I am fine with this news.

So did mine. Gotta be kidding with this nonsense. So long as he and his writing partner aren't scripting it, it could be okay. Don't get me wrong, I like Jurassic for being such gleefully B-movie and obsessively sending up Jurassic Park but come on, man. Following up J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson with Trevorrow? No. Hope that falls through.

I think Trevorrow can do some nice things as far as like world building but yeah he can't just trow dinosaurs on the scree when things start to get slow with a SW film. I'm sure I'll enjoy his more than Johnson's though (which will probably move at the pace of a snail a make absolutely no sense)

I think Trevorrow can do some nice things as far as like world building but yeah he can't just trow dinosaurs on the scree when things start to get slow with a SW film. I'm sure I'll enjoy his more than Johnson's though (which will probably move at the pace of a snail a make absolutely no sense)

You mean it will be awesome

• Like 3

I guess the Furious Jurassic Minions team up is inevitable.  Perhaps the dinos will eat the Minions.  :ph34r:

but they will be saved by Dom who wrestles down the T-Rex

So long as Rian Johnson is writing Episode 9 and not the godawful JW writers... I think it's fine. Guess no more indie films for him then.

That's a disgusting amount of money for Minions, yet also exactly how much I predicted-

6m previews

46m OD

44m Saturday

36m Sunday

126m OW

• Like 9

Safety Not Guaranteed is a terrific movie with a fantastic script. I am fine with this news.

No doubt, Tree. It's a shame he's wasting his time with the uber-budget fifth Disney Star Wars simply working within the framework of the Abrams/Johnson vision instead of doing something interesting and small.

• Like 1

No doubt, Tree. It's a shame he's wasting his time with the uber-budget fifth Disney Star Wars simply working within the framework of the Abrams/Johnson vision instead of doing something interesting and small.

Who says he couldn't pop out a quick indie before?

Shaun the Sheep not hitting $100 million will not say anything bad about the film. Regardless of quality it's the epitome of a film being commercially bound by its concept and/or execution.

Shaun is a excellent film, it's surprising it got a US release at all but I guess it's more to qualify for the Oscars, it's made most of its money from OS alone so US is just gravy.