CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

That's a fucking phenomenal number for this.

Seems you have the caffeine coursing through the veins this morning. Or, maybe the Minions number just gave you a natural adrenaline rush. Agree though. I'm thinking $115M+ at a minimum with that number. I'm thinking $45M+ OD DOM easy too.

Id love to see Minions make 400 million. Then all the Pixar loonies will call it a cash grab as they hold a picture of John Lasseter and Mother Theresa side by side.

DM2 would have hit 400m if MU hadn't been released next to it. :ph34r:

So Spy is a solo vehicle? Lol. Jason Bateman isn't exactly a draw.

I actually believe McCarthy was the biggest draw, but saying it was a solo vehicle is absurd. It is the same as saying Statham, Law and Byrne are nothing. They were a big part of marketing. 

:lol:

He's 1/2 for me. It's okay, he can be the Richard Marquand of the new trilogy and JJ can ghost-direct. :P

Your tears taste good Tele.

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

• Like 1

Is Susan Sarandon not an actor/person now?

Barely in the marketing. The movie was entirely sold on McCarthy. Even thought that movie had a big secondary cast as well.

COLIN TREVORROW IS ON TOP OF THE LIST TO DIRECT STAR WARS 9 LOL.

Tele's weekend keeps getting worse  :rofl:

So did mine. Gotta be kidding with this nonsense. So long as he and his writing partner aren't scripting it, it could be okay. Don't get me wrong, I like Jurassic for being such gleefully B-movie and obsessively sending up Jurassic Park but come on, man. Following up J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson with Trevorrow? No. Hope that falls through. I'd say he's easily the least compelling director of any of the names Disney's chosen so far to direct either an Episode or Anthology.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1