CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Amen. Minions sets back the artform of animation back to 80s bubblegum pop Saturday morning cartoons. Trash

If it's a cashgrab, why the fuck is Stanton back? If Dory's the main character, I guess it's a cashgrab, but nothing has said that Marlin isn't the main character again.

60981-Tactical-Facepalm-meme-oaOT.jpeg

• Like 4

I'll join. It won't do more than 3.2x multiplier. The film is average at best. Pixels will hit it hard.

But it doesn't matter what you think of it, it matters what kids think of it.  And hitting a 3.2 would be good.  I think it will do 3.5X but it will certainly cruise past a 3X imo.

People, you need to read more than the last two comments before you post in a thread. FFS.

And Home has a worse RT rating than Minions yet easily made it past a 3x.

Home was the only animated film forever and there was not much else for families either.

An Adam Sandler movie is going to hit an actual kids movie hard? Wha?

It just goes back to this:

2) Many Pixar films but especially the Toy Story Sequels and WallE:  Pixar, with the help of Disney, has convinced the masses that their brand of animation is deep and filled with human emotion and it represents all that is wonderful with the world.  In fact, their world is filled sunshine and rainbows, so much so that when toys are about to be incinerated, grown men cry, sorry, weep, sorry...they BAWL their damn eyes out.  Toys people. They're not real.  I digress.  Pixar loonies will also tell you that Pixar is the shining beacon of light and most other animated films from the other studios are simple cash grabs with no creative process to it.  They are slapped together over night so that Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen can make a quick buck.  But Pixar seeks out Mother Theresa for advice.  They somehow have convinced the masses that much of their profit from their films and merchandise goes to feed the hungry and cloth the poor and build homes for the transients.  Pixar can do no wrong.  They are benevolent, selfless, charitable, only create quality work while their rivals are simply out to make a quick buck.  

Pixar is on the right, everyone Dreamworks and other animated studios on the right:

jesus-vs-satan,-battle,-good-and-evil-14

Toy Story 3 and WallE especially imo are two of the main culprits here.  Their stories are saccharine.  Their world is filled with wonder and awe and good.  But underneath it all is a cold and calculated Machiavellian plot to control all of you.  And it's working.  In fact, don't be surprised if I don't show up to forums tomorrow.  The Pixar police will find me and they will kill me.  You are my witness.  

In fact, I am cutting this diatribe short because I think I hear a knock on the door.  

ToyStory2Wallpaper2800.jpg     1000509261001_2033463483001_Mahatma-Gand

Angelina-jolie-Zahara.jpg

• Like 1

People, you need to read more than the last two comments before you post in a thread. FFS.

Yeah, but it wasn't a massive brand with a built in fan base and lots of hype

• Like 1

HOME didn't have much competition though. However, I am not saying a 3x multiplier is impossible for MINIONS.

Watching Despicable Me for the first time...fuck this. Not sure why the WOM was so good to begin with.

Its perfect for families. Its cute, funny, and has somw moments that are heartwarming although somewhat cliche