CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Someone on this board says that movie has absolutely no dialogue, which gets me incredibly interested in it, despite never liking the source material

Yes, it has no dialogue - as you would know if you have seen the source material which you claim to dislike.  :ph34r:

This has to be one of the most if not THE most successful spin off not to mention one of the biggest openings for an CG animated movie.

There's no spinning this. This is another big success for Universal.

Exactly.  

So let me get this straight.  DM2 opens to 83 million and finishes with 368.  That's a roaring success.

Minions is going to open higher, will more than likely have at least a 3.5X if not more, and its a disappointment to some of you?  I think you need to get your head checked.  Just because some of you predicted some ridiculous numbers doesn't make this a disappointment if it doesn't hit it.  You predictions are not what the industry goes by.  You guys do understand that, right?  Tell me you do.  

• Like 6

DORY's gonna disappoint a lot of people here.

If Minions takes the record, I'm gonna have to stan for it more than otherwise.

Finding Dory, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2 and Despicable Me 3 are the only legit contenders. I am gonna throw The Secret Life of Pets 2 into the conversation. I legit believe the first one next Summer will be gigantic and a sequel will be greenlighted. 

Bet this is the next few years of Illumination:

2016: The Secret Life of Pets/The Cat in the Hat

2017: Despicable Me 3/How the Grinch Stole Christmas

2018: The Secret Life of Pets 2/Horton Hatches An Egg

2019: The Despicable Life of Pets (Minions vs. Pets)

2020: Seuss Spectacular (Grinch v Lorax v Cat in the Hat v Horton)

2021: Despicable Seussian Pets

ALL CASHGRABS

• Like 1

All these animated sequels are cashgrabs. All these sequels are cashgrabs. Heck, all tentpoles full stop are cashgrabs

Not true.  There are a lot of 200 million dollar movies that are art house films.  The studios make these so they can lose money and please critics.  Businesses like it when they lose money.

• Like 4

Exactly.

So let me get this straight. DM2 opens to 83 million and finishes with 368. That's a roaring success.

Minions is going to open higher, will more than likely have at least a 3.5X if not more, and its a disappointment to some of you? I think you need to get your head checked. Just because some of you predicted some ridiculous numbers doesn't make this a disappointment if it doesn't hit it. You predictions are not what the industry goes by. You guys do understand that, right? Tell me you do.

Minions will be lucky if it has 3x multi, no chance of 3.5

Exactly.  

So let me get this straight.  DM2 opens to 83 million and finishes with 368.  That's a roaring success.

Minions is going to open higher

Minions is a huge success regardless, but you're twisting the facts a bit there. DM2 already had nearly $60m in the tank before it opened to $83m.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Minions will be lucky if it has 3x multi, no chance of 3.5

LOL, yea, ok, good luck with that.  It's an animated film playing in the summer.  It'll crush a 3X.  CRUSH.

• Like 2

I did.

And said so about a dozen times, gloating.

And yet this is coming from someone who got this message from Inside Out:

I was gonna say "don't be sad", but since Inside Out teaches you being depressed is the MOST important part of your life:

BE DEPRESSED! Be very sad. Now is the time. The Minions are coming.

Minions represents everything wrong with some animated movies. Please drop harder than any animated movie yet. 

Amen. Minions sets back the artform of animation back to 80s bubblegum pop Saturday morning cartoons. Trash

Finding Dory not a cashgrab? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

If it's a cashgrab, why the fuck is Stanton back? If Dory's the main character, I guess it's a cashgrab, but nothing has said that Marlin isn't the main character again.

Exactly.

So let me get this straight. DM2 opens to 83 million and finishes with 368. That's a roaring success.

Minions is going to open higher, will more than likely have at least a 3.5X if not more, and its a disappointment to some of you? I think you need to get your head checked. Just because some of you predicted some ridiculous numbers doesn't make this a disappointment if it doesn't hit it. You predictions are not what the industry goes by. You guys do understand that, right? Tell me you do.

Won't hit 3x.