grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I don't get the praise for the Soundtrack. Speechless sounds totally out of place  and like a leftover for Eurovision Song Contest and COntender for 12th place. The other productions sound liveless and so slow. 

Maybe the base of expectations was low, but this is mediocre and that's it. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Poor 'Zilla...

there is certainly room for two movie to breakout, even rocketman can be a breakout, domestic box office gross is 450m lower than last year at this point even after EG smashing. No problem for zilla to be huge breakout when aladdin become a hit. Now, the issue  is godzilla even good in the first place? If the film turns out to be solid film like Kong or better, I won't be surprised to see a near 100m opening.     

I don't think they have the same audience. Godzilla is a serious monster movie. Aladdin is fun kids movie.  Godzilla will fail/succeed on its own imo. the biggest hurdle is that the predecesor was not well received. I expect an OW Under 60M IMO

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

KOTM? Or Aladdin? 

KOTM

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

there is certainly room for two movie to breakout, even rocketman can be a breakout, domestic box office gross is 450m lower than last year at this point even after EG smashing. No problem for zilla to be huge breakout when aladdin become a hit. Now, the issue  is godzilla even good in the first place? If the film turns out to be solid film like Kong or better, I won't be surprised to see a near 100m opening.     

From early reactions it looks it’ll be around the RT score for Godzilla and Kong 

Just now, Nova said:

Where are the reviews from American publications? I'm assuming the review embargo was lifted. Was interested in seeing those as well. 

A lot of critic screenings haven't happened yet.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I don't get the praise for the Soundtrack. Speechless sounds totally out of place  and like a leftover for Eurovision Song Contest and COntender for 12th place. The other productions sound liveless and so slow. 

Maybe the base of expectations was low, but this is mediocre and that's it. 

Speechless only sounds out of place because it doesn't have the same Arabic elements as the other songs, but still, I think it captures Jasmine's emotion and feeling in a very resonating way.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Speechless only sounds out of place because it doesn't have the same Arabic elements as the other songs, but still, I think it captures Jasmine's emotion and feeling in a very resonating way.

There's no reason why it should lack those elements except the composers are kind of hacky. 

Disney should have had Menken do a recomposition.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Damn it Disney, you got me somewhat excited for it. Looks like I’m seeing this due to big Willie.

Yeah, I skipped pika pika but I might have to check this out... I'll do a double feature with Dark Phoenix a few weeks from now

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

There's no reason why it should lack those elements except the composers are kind of hacky.

Not a La La Land fan?