grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

All the haters are quiet now lmao I knew this would not be a dud This actually looks fun and colorful. Unlike lion King where the cgi lion design take away all the fun and emotion away from the characters. 

Yet the Lion King will get better reviews and way bigger boxoffice

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Having an opinion that a movie looks like bad and you don’t expect it to be good doesn’t make one a hater. And considering a lot of the reviews have phrases like “Better than the trailers made it look,” or “Better than I expected,” points to a lot of people not expecting much out of this film. 

Also we have 13 reviews and the average rating is a 6.5. A solid start but there’s still 100s of reviews left to be added..... 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Having an opinion that a movie looks like bad and you don’t expect it to be good doesn’t make one a hater. And considering a lot of the reviews have phrases like “Better than the trailers made it look,” or “Better than I expected,” points to a lot of people not expecting much out of this film. 

Also we have 13 reviews and the average rating is a 6.5. A solid start but there’s still 100s of reviews left to be added..... 

lol y'all are joking right? This whole thread as been a toxic mess from the beginning lmao. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Curtis1986 said:

Yet the Lion King will get better reviews

Maybe. Maybe not.

Aladdin having charismatic actors is one of the biggest things that's led to its praise. Lion King doesn't exactly have that luxury.

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol y'all are joking right? This whole thread as been a toxic mess from the beginning lmao. 

You didn’t say this thread was a toxic mess so I wasn’t referring to that. I was responding to your “haters” comment. 

Edited by Nova

7 minutes ago, ban1o said:

All the haters are quiet now lmao I knew this would not be a dud This actually looks fun and colorful. Unlike lion King where the cgi lion design take away all the fun and emotion away from the characters. 

@TMP is pretty active in the thread 🧐

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

That seems fine to me. Jumanji has 6.2 and 71% so this might end up similarly. It’s better than Dumbo at any rate. And the hype is about reactions being better than most expected, not that the movie is amazing. 

Based on some of the posts in this thread, it seems like some were really hoping this bombed critically (unknown how it’ll do BO-wise) because of Godzilla? I could understand if it was because it’s yet another Disney remake, though that’s a pretty lame reason too. 

I’ll be honest on my part that part of me wanted this wanted it to get mixed/negative reviews so Godzilla could succeed in the box office, even though the original Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies and Will Smith is one of my favorite actors.

However the marketing and the late embargo also raised doubts and with the flood of live action Disney remakes cashing in on nostalgia made this seem unnecessary at first.

Gonna see this with a date on Friday, wish me luck my peers.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I don't think Lion King looks bad. I'll definitely watch it OW but the teaser trailer was a lot better than the main trailer. The main trailer reveals how much of the charisma and fun has ben taken away from the cartoon due to the photorealistic GGI design. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Aladdin having charismatic actors is one of the biggest things that's led to its praise. Lion King doesn't exactly have that luxury.

Neither did Jungle Book - the voice actors were all far better than the very cute but sometimes out of his depth human child

• Like 1

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

Lion King is going to end up being really good if you go by the director's last film - Jungle Book.

Yeah he pretty much got the same team to work on The Lion King. Not only that but you have original composer Hans Zimmer coming back to do the music with Elton John and Tim Rice. Then you have an amazing voice cast.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Neither did Jungle Book - the voice actors were all far better than the very cute but sometimes out of his depth human child

Disney is terrible at getting good child actors. A Wrinkle in Time would have been bearable if the kids weren't so bad.

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

Speak for yourself, I spent $5,000 to throw an Aladdin hate party this Friday, including a Guy Ritchie pinata AND IT'S ALL FOR NUTHIN!!! 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Astonished 2