grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

"Hey Alan, we hired Benj and Justin, because we know the kiddies responded well to 'The Greatest Showman' movie. Could you take all your original compositions, add that shitty sounding snare in all of that soundtrack's songs, and we're going to let Mena 'sing' the lyrics as stoic as possible. Don't worry about the fact he can't sing, I know you didn't have auto-tune back when you worked with Brad Kane, but just make sure Mena doesn't sing with any of the charisma Hugh Jackman had in 'The Greatest Showman,' that way the it won't be so hard to tune his vocals afterwards."

• Knock It Off 4

34 minutes ago, I Am said:

I guess.

It's different.

Forgettable.

It doesn't fit the movie. Why cast non-white lead and then have her sing a generic white pop song?

This is terrible. 

Is this "A Whole New World," or a "A Whole New Greatest Showman?"

30 minutes ago, I Am said:

Welp, they fucked... absolutely fucked my second favorite song on the original soundtrack.

21 minutes ago, I Am said:

"Hey Alan, we hired Benj and Justin, because we know the kiddies responded well to 'The Greatest Showman' movie. Could you take all your original compositions, add that shitty sounding snare in all of that soundtrack's songs, and we're going to let Mena 'sing' the lyrics as stoic as possible. Don't worry about the fact he can't sing, I know you didn't have auto-tune back when you worked with Brad Kane, but just make sure Mena doesn't sing with any of the charisma Hugh Jackman had in 'The Greatest Showman,' that way the it won't be so hard to tune his vocals afterwards."

Gee, it seems you don't really like the new music. Please tell us again with three more consecutive posts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Previews just started here and I was tempted to go since I'm excited for this, but I'll leave it until the weekend. I'm trying not to listen to all the songs but I just keep playing them, I gotta stop since I'd rather watch them for the fist time in the film but they're right there. :lol: There are some changes in the lyrics and obviously the tempo but it's good they've changed it up a bit imo, keep it from being just a complete redo of everything.

I really hope this does better than people have been predicting, from the reactions it sounds fun and the cast seem cool.

• Like 1

Wait a minute.  TONIGHT WAS THE WORLD PREMIERE???  THAT'S why there were so many reactions!?!

Two days before opening? For a Non-Marvel, Non-SW Disney film???

giphy.gif

(I may have made this exact reaction gif  to someone on the board privately already, but really I cannot sum up my reaction to Disney's marketing team in charge of this film better than this)

If this was already known, apologies.  I haven't really been following this thread that closely. :lol:

Edited by Porthos

Reviews seem good. Empire gave it 3/5. 

Grace Randolph is raving, claiming her audience “burst into applause 5 times” 

wait, I haven’t seen a single negative tweet shared on here so.... 100% RT to start? 

Edited by Krissykins

I am not surprised at the fresh reviews. the movie looks more fun and charming than BATB. it's the kind of animation that translates well into live action with charismatic actors

Edited by Alli

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What was the last film with really dreadful trailers that everyone was sure would be a mess with critics that turned out fresh? 

I guess Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle would be the last major one I can think of that had bad buzz from the early trailers that managed to have a surprisingly solid reception. I may be alone in this but I also remember the initial marketing for Rise of the Planet of the Apes being ridiculed by people online and ultimately it got great reviews.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

@ this and all the other good reviews.

Well well well,

tumblr_mkjvr2U7Oc1rynk4uo2_r1_500.gif

I'm not going to act like it means the RT score will be amazing but it seems promising enough.

Also I've been listening to Speechless on repeat to try to learn the lyrics before I see it. Scott's a good singer and I'm loving the song, can't wait to see it in the movie itself.

• Like 2

Just now, snarkmachine said:

maybe this plays like the greatest showman? anemic-ish opening weekend but great legs and word of mouth. altho the greatest showman has the benefit of being a december release

nah. this will have a big OW.   and i think legs will be great too. there's not much competition and the film seems to be very good.

• Haha 1