Impact

Best Score-2015 predictions!

10 hours ago, Impact said:

Good Dino is composed by 2 people-isn't there a rule against nominating 2 or more people in this cat? (though in 2009 2 people were nominated for Mr. Fox)

BTW-though it probably wont be nominated for a Oscar-wouldn't surprise me if Southpaw gets a Globe nom due to it being the composers last film.

Who is the second composer? I thought it would only be Danna

After listening at least once most of the scores, I think we have two clear contenders right now Inside Out (Giacchino) and Bridge of Spies (Newman). A third score with strong chances, Steve Jobs. Good Dinosaur and Danish girl are also probable choices.

Still have to listen to Star Wars and Hateful eight.

Bridge of Spies and Inside Out are definitely getting nominations, great scores.

The Good Dinosaur will depend on how good a few other scores are.  The Force Awakens and The Hateful Eight should gets noms based off of precedent.

I think Bridge of Spies deserves it unless Williams or Morricone do something really great with TFA or THE.

• Like 1

Didn't hear anything in Bridge of Spies that would be worth nominating but they'll probably throw Newman another bone anyway.

From the reviews I'm definitely getting the impression that Morricone's score isn't on the level of his greats but I think it'll win anyway.

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:
7 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

8 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If The Good Dinosaur can't get in here, Star Wars better not either

No offense, but holy hell do you stan for that movie a lot [emoji38]

Have you listened to both scores? All Star Wars has going for it is nostalgia. There's nothing even vaguely as memorable or original as Duel of the Fates. Everything I can recall is a riff on an OT cue. I mean , I don't care as much if TGD can't get in, but it sure as hell better not be in favor of that

If I stan for TGD, anyone who thinks Star Wars is deserving of an original score nomination over it is ten times the stan I am. If it helps I would also be ok with Sicario or Ex Machina

Edited by tribefan695