WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Short of a statement from Feige or Iger that resembles the Sony studio head calling for TASM2 to be a Billion dollar film, no, absolutely not.

Not for this property. There is nothing to think that they were hoping for more. Nothing to think they might think this is "in-line" or better than hoped.

We know the cost, we know the studios track record so from that we, passive observers can at least call $60m-ish pretty good. 

This is Marvel Studios we are talking about here.

Let me reiterate: Marvel_Studios_%282013%29_Logo.png

You know, the studio behind the "pretty good" Iron Man series, Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy? I would describe the Cap and Thor films' box office as "pretty good" at least in relation to the three franchises I mentioned before. If Ant-Man does under 60 and under 150 total, that's TIH territory...which is not "pretty good" at all. It's just OK. Again...relatively(and strictly domestically).

• Like 1

Zero chance with 24m friday. It wont even hit 60m. Needs 27m friday to hit 65m.

If it has the same multiplier (minus previews) as Cap 1, Ant Man could hit $60M with a $25.5M Friday. Previews made up a smaller chunk of that Friday than was the case with some of the recent MCU films. 

Nolan loves Bay.

Bay loves Cameron

Cameron loves Spielberg

Spielberg is GOD.

The four of them are the Gods of Hollywood. They love each other. Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3