WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Not just any rapist. A rapist of children. His b.o. analysis is always a mess, too.

Scott Mendelson's avatar looks like he could play the next Joker. He also looks like more of a young Hannibal Lecter in that one picture than Gaspard Ulliel did in Hannibal Rising.

I like Mendelson's historical stuff, and his participation in commentaries on Out Now with Aaron & Abe, but his male-feminist SJW speechifying is getting more and more on my nerves. I had the misfortune of accidentally reading his comments on how

in his view, they spent the entirety of Ant-Man trying and failing to justify why Evangeline Lilly couldn't just put on the suit and they had to get a white guy

and I couldn't stop thinking about it during the movie. If I hadn't read that, I would never have even thought of it.

• Like 1

It's weird - last year, it was "Marvel can propel anything to success, they're the new Pixar", and in 2015 they seem to be going into a "Pixar c. 2011-13" phase (at least in terms of Internet perception). So I guess they ARE the new Pixar.

Anybody wanna take bets on what will be their Inside Out "Marvel is back" film?

Edited by TServo2049

It's weird - last year, it was "Marvel can propel anything to success, they're the new Pixar", and in 2015 they seem to be going into a "Pixar c. 2011-13" phase (at least in terms of Internet perception). So I guess they ARE the new Pixar.

Marvel has always been hit or miss tho. They didn't start with a track record as strong as Pixar.

Edited by Chaz