WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Shaming people who steal is annoying? If the justice system was effective then you would be arrested, just as you would if you stole from any shop.

You'd would be arresting a lot of people. I know things are different with legit streaming services now, but when I was at school it was pretty odd hearing somebody was paying money for music. In Uni, paying for entertainment apart from some films at the cinema just didn't happen.

You'd would be arresting a lot of people. I know things are different with legit streaming services now, but when I was at school it was pretty odd hearing somebody was paying money for music. In Uni, paying for entertainment apart from some films at the cinema just didn't happen.

Here it is exactly like this. And people who pay for anything entertainement related are seen as dumb and stupid. I actually don't pay for music but I use Spotify.
  • Like 1

Portugal's people look at piracy as a God. Movie theaters are dead and everyone watches every show before it passes on TV. Even The Walking Dead which passes here 19 hours after America people prefer to download lol.

Same in the UK with TWD and GoT. Looking at the ratings for both shows in the UK, millions more people watch online rather than pay to watch those shows on premium channels.

• Like 1

Here it is exactly like this. And people who pay for anything entertainement related are seen as dumb and stupid. I actually don't pay for music but I use Spotify.

Spotify is a bloody godsend. I haven't pirated music since the day I got it.

• Like 2

Just wait till it calms down then, do you really want to give Seth MacFarlane money instead of Pixar?

I really don't care to which one I give my money :lol:

Is there really a stigma in Portugal against adults going alone to kids' movies? Do they really suspect those people of being pedophiles?

I saw Inside Out in a theater alone three times, nobody thought anything of me. (Does Pixar have a following among twentysomethings in Portugal, the way they do in America?)

Edited by TServo2049

Same in the UK with TWD and GoT. Looking at the ratings for both shows in the UK, millions more people watch online rather than pay to watch those shows on premium channels.

Wayward Pines actually passes here a few hours before America and most still download it. It is on the people's veins at this point :lol:

Is there really a stigma in Portugal against adults going alone to kids' movies? Do they really suspect those people of being pedophiles?

I saw Inside Out in a theater alone three times, nobody thought anything of me. (Does Pixar have a following among twentysomethings in Portugal, the way they do in America?)

There are night shows, but I prefer to go in the afternoon.

I meant outside of here, but I'm glad I said that so you could reply with that quote. Now THAT was a great villain.

You know, with all this talk of the Joker in TDK, it occurs to me now that I really haven't seen an honestly great villain in a live-action tentpole film SINCE the Joker. (Granted, I haven't seen everything - e.g., didn't see Skyfall, didn't see Fury Road - but still...)

I guess Bane would be the closest, even though I don't consider him "honestly great." And that points to another unfortunate trend - when a decent villain does come along, and they turn out to just be a puppet/figurehead of another, far lamer villain.

Hmm...I really liked Koba last year and this year um, I can't think of any great villains in anything I've seen this year so I guess Koba wins it.

YouTube vidoes have stolen content it's almost impossible to see anything on the Internet without illegal content so honestly who cares probaly the studio executives do it to

I don't know about the execs, but during the Sony leaks it was revealed somebody over there was torrenting copies of Adventure Time.

Is Amy Pascal a fan of Finn and Jake?

YouTube vidoes have stolen content it's almost impossible to see anything on the Internet without illegal content so honestly who cares probaly the studio executives do it to

They pirate their own content?

• Like 1