WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

That's right.. It's true and after 7 years, I think it's safe to say Ledgers death played a significant role in that movies box office.. You're a day late and a dollar short on this topic which has been discussed a 1000 X over the years and it's no secret...

Of course his death played a role, but the way you discuss it is very crude.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

The difference between the BO perfomances for Thor/CA and Ant-Man is that Thor/CA are much bigger players in MCU. Ant-Man can just be in assemble films without a direct sequel. Ant-Man will break even which is great but I don't know if it'll be enough to justify Ant-Man 2.

I wonder what would've happened in terms of box office if an Ant-Man film had been about Hank Pym, and if Hank Pym had been directly involved with Ultron's creation, just like in the comics. Obviously, that would've meant that Ant-Man's solo film would've had to be part of Phase 1, I guess.

If Ant-Man had been promoted as a key component of a hypothetically upcoming Age of Ultron, I wonder if the box office would've been different.

Just curious.

Well I suppose if Edward Norton had committed suicide of a drug overdose like Ledger did, it might've been possible.. Guess will never know now will we??

lmao

ANT-MAN: $56.4M Overseas Total / $114.4M Global Total #AntMan

The OS opening wasn't very good either, just solid. 

I'm fully aware of its Indian release date. The guy at the cinema said they would continue to show JW in IMAX on the weekend starting 24/07/15 despite Ant-Man's release. Not sure if they're going to share the screen or what. I got no new movies in Dubai throughout Ramadan because the fasting would affect cinemas' popcorn sales, and now that I'm here and I find out that several movies such as IO and TG have come and gone already. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to watch JW for the fourteenth time :P

Wel,maybe since we have very few IMAX's here in India, I think they are keeping the movie that they think would make them more money. I honestly can't think why anybod with a limited budget would pay extra to see a movie called Ant Man in IMAX.

14th time? So you've seen in more times than Bishop? I thought he/she was the champ but apparently you've beat him. Is any one keeping tabs on this? I think the current list is something like this - 

Highest Viewings of JW in BOT Forums

1) ScoobySaurus - 14 viewings

2) Bishop12 - 12 Viewings

3) Baumer?

anyone else who'd like to get their names added to this list? Criteria is minimum 5 viewings. :P

• Like 1

The Ant-Man number in the title at the moment is the OS number, 56M, which is actually pretty good based on the markets it opened in. With good legs and help from China it should reach more than 250M OS.

• Like 1

The Ant-Man number in the title at the moment is the OS number, 56M, which is actually pretty good based on the markets it opened in. With good legs and help from China it should reach more than 250M OS.

I'm particularly curious to see how big it was it Latin America and Russia :huh:

That's right.. It's true and after 7 years, I think it's safe to say Ledgers death played a significant role in that movies box office.. You're a day late and a dollar short on this topic which has been discussed a 1000 X over the years and it's no secret...

I agree with Jenna. I like you BKB, just be careful how you talk about subject such as that, as it could be viewed as offensive to people.
  • Like 2

Wel,maybe since we have very few IMAX's here in India, I think they are keeping the movie that they think would make them more money. I honestly can't think why anybod with a limited budget would pay extra to see a movie called Ant Man in IMAX.

14th time? So you've seen in more times than Bishop? I thought he/she was the champ but apparently you've beat him. Is any one keeping tabs on this? I think the current list is something like this - 

Highest Viewings of JW in BOT Forums

1) ScoobySaurus - 14 viewings

2) Bishop12 - 12 Viewings

3) Baumer?

anyone else who'd like to get their names added to this list? Criteria is minimum 5 viewings. :P

Haha I'm glad but not surprised that Bishop and I are on top of the list so far! :P I'm still at 13 though, it'll be 14 later this week. You should post this in the JW thread it'll stick around for longer

Edited by scoobysaurus

THR wrote the following:

Ant-Man marks the lowest debut for Marvel Studios since it launched its cinematic universe.

lmao, poor Incredible Hulk, nobody even remembers that is actually the lowest debut of the MCU :lol: 

• Like 1

Please BKB, no need to bring Ledger's death into here or any The Dark Knight related stuff. We are discussing Ant-Man and other weekend numbers. Thanks :)

• Like 2

Compared to the General Audience?? Yes.. It does and Joe Schmo isn't going to give 2 fucks about a movie called SUICIDE SQUAD..

Just like Age of Ultron is going to be the # 1 film of 2015 and is going to obliterate the first Avengers opening weekend and total...right?

• Like 8

Pretty meh ow for Ant-Man, both Dom and OS. Oh well, it was a pretty funny/good movie but Marvel isn't bullet proof and it's going to have a hard time selling its lessor known superhero movies like this.

Edit: and give it a rest BKB. It's amazing you can't talk about a Marvel movie without going crazy defensive/insecure mode and bringing up irrelevant other DC movies and fueling a childish fanboy war like you're 15 years old.

Double Edit:  Actually, $56m for AM is fine.  As mentioned, it was a hard sell so that's a good enough # and a $150m dom finish would be ok. Though just ok.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2