WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

easy bet. No way its increasing 45% in July. bcos of thursday previews friday impact is more minimal for holdovers. So Saturday increases in July cannot be that big.

Sure they can.

Assuming the Friday numbers stick, this weekend projection does not seem reasonable between those two.

If anything, reverse the two or put $500k between the two. Both should do $11.5-12.5m this weekend with a $3.5m+ Fri since they do well on Sat

If anything, reverse the two or put $500k between the two.

I wouldn't say reverse but I would say they'll be a lot closer than $1m apart if the Friday estimates turn out that way. JP4 is more of a weekend movie than IO. Still early though. Hopefully Gopher wasn't being too optimistic for them.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say reverse but I would say they'll be a lot closer than $1m apart if the Friday estimates turn out that way. JP4 is more of a weekend movie than IO. Still early though. Hopefully Gopher wasn't being too optimistic for them.

IO/JW haven't declined from initial estimates since the last weekend of June, I believe.

$3.5-4m will likely stick for the Fri range. There's no reason for the #s to be that overestimated.

Look at the OP. Guaranteed over prediction.

What's over predicted?

Ant-Man at 60m? (Using GotG multi it just crosses the mark)

Minions at 54.5? (Not outlandish)

Trainwreck at 38? From a 14m Fri, it should get mid to high 30s

IO/JW were predicted at 10-12m for this weekend before numbers even came out. I'm definitely not over predicting by an absurd amount

IO/JW haven't declined from initial estimates since the last weekend of June, I believe.

$3.5-4m will likely stick for the Fri range. There's no reason for the #s to be that overestimated.

Except for the crazy percentage jumps in mid-July.

IO:  +66%

JP:  +80%

Gopher did stress that his projections were very early.