grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Eh! You'll probably get over it. Likely part of the deal of the film getting made, was that it would be in English, since they figured that more people would be watch it (obviously!).

Although the part about it being Donnie Yeh's English language debut is a load of crap. Blade II, Highlander: Endgame (yes it's a crappy sequel but it counts), anyone?

They could have done what Kung Fu Panda 3 is doing with animation that suits both English as well as Mandarin. I'm sure a mandarin version will be done for Crouching Tiger 2.

They could have done what Kung Fu Panda 3 is doing with animation that suits both English as well as Mandarin. I'm sure a mandarin version will be done for Crouching Tiger 2.

I'm sure...but I guess most Chinese movies are dubbed anyways cause of all the dialects so it doesn't matter.

I mean I get it...Crouching Tiger was a huge success, but it was more of a western success than a Chinese one...despite its Chinese language...

But still.

Yeah, there will probably be a Mandarin language version of the film, but unlike the first, the sequel was shot in English.

Edited by Insidearcher

Yeah, there will probably be a Mandarin language version of the film, but unlike the first, the sequel was shot in English.

Oddly enough, it might mean the dub will have more accurate accents than the first one.

Oddly enough, it might mean the dub will have more accurate accents than the first one.

Well when you have most of the actors basically dubbing themselves, it isn't that hard to do.

Edited by Insidearcher

So... I actually quite enjoyed Pixels. It had a lot of silly moments and Sandler was pretty meh, but it was always entertaining. Guess I shouldn't judge a movie by reviews.

Although Jane Krakowski was criminally underused.

• Like 1

1. My BSG is fucked up.

2. This could be Sony's worst year ever.

Rank Movie Title (click to view) Studio Total Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Open Close
1 Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Sony $70,709,001 3,633 $23,762,435 3,633 4/17 -
2 The Wedding Ringer SGem $64,460,211 3,003 $20,649,306 3,003 1/16 4/5
3 Chappie Sony $31,569,268 3,201 $13,346,782 3,201 3/6 -
4 Aloha Sony $20,991,497 2,815 $9,670,235 2,815 5/29

1. My BSG is fucked up.

2. This could be Sony's worst year ever. Rank Movie Title (click to view) Studio Total Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Open Close 1 Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Sony $70,709,001 3,633 $23,762,435 3,633 4/17 - 2 The Wedding Ringer SGem $64,460,211 3,003 $20,649,306 3,003 1/16 4/5 3 Chappie Sony $31,569,268 3,201 $13,346,782 3,201 3/6 - 4 Aloha Sony $20,991,497 2,815 $9,670,235 2,815 5/29

SPECTRE may out gross their entire first 7 months worth of movies.

So... I actually quite enjoyed Pixels. It had a lot of silly moments and Sandler was pretty meh, but it was always entertaining. Guess I shouldn't judge a movie by reviews.

Although Jane Krakowski was criminally underused.

Wait.. You just realise that, now??? :mellow:

• Like 3

After checking out the upcoming movies releases, looks like I'm done going to theaters for the next few months until Star Wars 7. :ph34r:

Films I will see in the cinema this year --

Maggie

Southpaw

Love & Mercy

Paper Towns

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

A LEGO Brickumentary

Fantastic Four

Ricki & The Flash

The Man From UNCLE

Straight Outta Compton

American Ultra

Hitman: Agent 47

Jane Got a Gun

The Transporter Refuelled

A Walk In The Woods

Black Mass

Captive

Everest

Maze Runner Scorch Trials

Hotel Transylvania 2

Stonewall

The Martian

Legend

The Walk

Adam Jones

Steve Jobs

Pan

Bridge of Spies

Crimson Peak

Goosebumps

Rock the Kasbah

Scouts vs. Zombies

The Peanuts Movie

Spectre

Trumbo

By the Sea

Mockingjay part 2

Creed

The Good Dinosaur

Midnight Special

Seth Rogen Christmas movie

Victor Frankenstein

The Danish Girl

In the Heart of the Sea

Sisters

Point Break

Snowden

Joy

STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS

and I'll see a bunch of others too no doubt.

there, plenty of movies coming up before the end of the year! :)

Preview showtime counts in OC for next weeks releases:

Vacation - 58 showtimes so far (way ahead of where Pixels was 4 days before release), thinking we could see a 2.5M previews for it if the pace keeps up

Rogue Nation - 95 showtimes so far (on par with Ant-Man and far ahead of Terminator), 6M previews with a big weekend could happen if it keeps pace.

Films I will see in the cinema this year --

Maggie

Southpaw

Love & Mercy

Paper Towns

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

A LEGO Brickumentary

Fantastic Four

Ricki & The Flash

The Man From UNCLE

Straight Outta Compton

American Ultra

Hitman: Agent 47

Jane Got a Gun

The Transporter Refuelled

A Walk In The Woods

Black Mass

Captive

Everest

Maze Runner Scorch Trials

Hotel Transylvania 2

Stonewall

The Martian

Legend

The Walk

Adam Jones

Steve Jobs

Pan

Bridge of Spies

Crimson Peak

Goosebumps

Rock the Kasbah

Scouts vs. Zombies

The Peanuts Movie

Spectre

Trumbo

By the Sea

Mockingjay part 2

Creed

The Good Dinosaur

Midnight Special

Seth Rogen Christmas movie

Victor Frankenstein

The Danish Girl

In the Heart of the Sea

Sisters

Point Break

Snowden

Joy

STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS

and I'll see a bunch of others too no doubt.

there, plenty of movies coming up before the end of the year! :)

What about Carol and Hateful Eight?!?

I would be surprised to see Adam Jones actually come out this year.

After seeing Pixels I am 100% convinced that whatever "talent" Sandler may have possessed at one time is so far gone that he could live for another century and never reclaim it. The man is just a horrendous cankersore in his medium at this point. Pixels should have been an easy fun summer comedy. The concept was completely there for it to work as such. But Sandler can't do anything right anymore. Shame on them for blowing a great concept on that hack. Serves Sony right.