grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

That's amazing, my list is similar.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. Mad Max: Fury Road

4. Mad Max: Fury Road

5. Mad Max: Fury Road

My list is same:

1. Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation

2. Ant

4. RDJ 2: Ultron

5. Dinos

6. Sweet Emotions

Wow, I skipped number 3.

Edited by DynamiX

At this point, I would rather see something bomb spectacularly rather than just "underperform."

How about we switch Pixels and Paper Towns numbers...? :ph34r: This isn't going to effect John Green's other work being adapted is it?

Paper Towns made half its Budget back opening day, I think it will be okay.. 

• Like 3

All these numbers are really disappointing, really sad about Ant-Man's 68% drop  :wacko:. was really hoping it would make it to at least $150m. I wonder how much impact the shooting in Louisiana had on attendance, what is it with all these maniac copy cats? makes me angry.   

There is a wide gap between inside out and every other movie. Inside out is by far my favorite movie of the summer.

It's Inside Out, and Fury Road, and then there's a slight gap between those two and AOU.

All these numbers are really disappointing, really sad about Ant-Man's 68% drop  :wacko:. was really hoping it would make it to at least $150m. I wonder how much impact the shooting in Louisiana had on attendance, what is it with all these maniac copy cats? makes me angry.   

It's doing fine. The Friday drop is inflated due to the fact last Friday had Thursday previews of $6.4m lumped in. Friday to Friday drop is 55.5%, which is just fine for a superhero movie released in late July with good weekday numbers.

Please stop calling Indominus Rex "Indy". I beg you.

But Indy fits in so well with Rexy, Momo and Blue! But okay, I'll stop calling her that, only because you asked so nicely :P 

That sounds like fun to me! I like those kinds of effects when watching the movie.

Yep if you like that kind of stuff you'll enjoy it for sure. Oh and I forgot one - the seat also movies while they're driving, as if you're a passenger inside. 

It's doing fine. The Friday drop is inflated due to the fact last Friday had Thursday previews of $6.4m lumped in. Friday to Friday drop is 55.5%, which is just fine for a superhero movie released in late July with good weekday numbers.

any projection for Ant-Man regarding Friday numbers?

• Like 1

I'm sure it had just as much impact as the Aurora CO. Shooting, despite that being more of a body count and running on the news 24/7 when that happened.. I turned on FOX News just now and no sign or mention of it.. There talking about TRUMP.. A movie called ANT-MAN is not exactly one that will grab the attention of the average moviegoer.. Most likely, it'll make up for it on DVD/Blu-Ray..

If it had just as big of an impact why did the film whose showing it occurred during have the biggest (non-expanding film) Friday increase?

Americans are masters of desensitization, we don't give a shit when it happens the 2nd time.

Edited by PDC1987