Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

I don't think a lot of us appreciate gopher enough (and also Rth to an extent but at the same time he is a god). Honestly if I were them, I would totally team up and ditch us on some important weekend (ahem Dec 18) then they can laugh at the meltdowns because we can see that they are viewing the thread and just not posting.

I love both you guys but you have every right to pull that off :)

Don't give them any ideas :angry: That would cause anarchy.

Actually Rth (and now Gopher too) is one of the major reasons this forum is so lively. The anticipation of the daily numbers, then early reports, and then ups and down, and meltdowns are easily among the most exciting things happening on the forum and it is because of these guys it is possible.

BTW time for another update, I think?

Edited by Fake
  • Like 18

I don't think a lot of us appreciate gopher enough (and also Rth to an extent but at the same time he is a god). Honestly if I were them, I would totally team up and ditch us on some important weekend (ahem Dec 18) then they can laugh at the meltdowns because we can see that they are viewing the thread and just not posting.

I love both you guys but you have every right to pull that off :)

Said it before and I'll say it again, they are a huge asset to our community, no one has these valuable resources...we're lucky.

• Like 2

It's just DynamiX, no one else has criticized Gooher, it's almost to the point where it's an over reaction in the opposite direction.

I know, for sure. Nobody has criticized this weekend (really just 1 user). But I do feel like a lot of us (including myself) have occasionally taken gopher or Rth for granted. Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

Oh I'm definitely not disagreeing. It's just in this case users are overexaggerating the fact that it was just one user who dissed Gopher and not "people" and "everyone".

We do take them for granted a lot and are extremely lucky to have them though, so I'm with you there.

Speaking of, do you think we'll be getting anymore updates for any other films tonight? Would really like Trainwreck for no reason at all :ph34r:

• Like 1

Oh I'm definitely not disagreeing. It's just in this case users are overexaggerating the fact that it was just one user who dissed Gopher and not "people" and "everyone".

We do take them for granted a lot and are extremely lucky to have them though, so I'm with you there.

Speaking of, do you think we'll be getting anymore updates for any other films tonight? Would really like Trainwreck for no reason at all :ph34r:

I hope there are some numbers, for your sake :P I'm probably going to bed soon anyways so hopefully the numbers will already be there when I wake up. Goodnight Matt, goodnight all!!!
  • Like 1

Actually Rth (and now Gopher too) is one of the major reasons this forum is so lively. The anticipation of the daily numbers, then early reports, and then ups and down, and meltdowns are easily among the most exciting things happening on the forum and it is because of these guys it is possible.

BTW time for another update, I think?

Rth and Gopher need to have a sword fight, there can only be one... First one to decapitate wins. 

MI5 making Ant-Man money proves the summer is on the decline, not MCU.

It really depends on movies that excite audiences enough and movies that don't quite have that effect. While MI4 was fun, it was like what, almost four years ago? I think it was too big a gap to build on audience anticipation for a franchise that isn't quite an "event". Same reason for the underperformance of Into Darkness.

1). Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation (PAR), 3,956 theaters / $20M Fri. / 3-day cume: $51.4M / Wk 1

2). Vacation (WB), 3,411 theaters / $4.35M Fri. / 3-day cume: $13.3M / Total cume: $19.7M /Wk 1

3). Minions (UNI), 3,575 theaters (-491)/ $3.65M Fri. (-46%)/ 3-day cume: $12.6M (-45%)/Total Cume: $287.5M / Wk 4

4). Ant-Man (DIS), 3,322 theaters (-546) / $3.5M Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $11.9M  (-52%)/Total cume: $131.4M/Wk 3

5). Pixels (SONY), 3,723 theaters (0)/ $3.1M Fri. (-66%) / 3-day cume: $10.2M (-57%)/Total cume: $45.7M/ Wk 2

6). Trainwreck (UNI), 2,960 theaters (-211)/ $2.8M Fri. (-47%) / 3-day cume: $9.3M (-46%)/Total cume: $79.2M/ Wk 3

7). Southpaw (TWC), 2,772 theaters (0) / $2.3M Fri. (-63%) / 3-day cume: $7.8M (-53%)/ Total cume: $31.9M/Wk 2

8). Inside Out (DIS), 1,904 theaters (-813)/ $1.5M Fri. (-31%)/ 3-day cume: $5.1M (-31%) /Total cume: $330M/ Wk 7

9). Paper Towns (FOX), 3,031 theaters (0) / $1.6M Fri. (-75%) / 3-day cume: $4.9M (-61%)/Total cume: $23.9M / Wk 2

10). Jurassic World (UNI), 1,912 theaters (-733) / $1.2M Fri. (-44%) / 3-day cume: $4.1M (-42%) /Total cume: $631.4M/ Wk 8

11). Mr. Holmes (RSA), 901 theaters (+215) / $610k Fri. (-22%) / 3-day cume: $2.2M (-23%) /Total cume: $10.18M/ Wk 3

Notables:

Irrational Man (SPC), 135 theaters (+107) / $111K Fri. (+76%) / 3-day cume: $423K (+66%) /Total cume: $1.06M Wk 3
Angrej (INDI), 40 theaters / $80K Fri. / 3-day cume: $253K / Wk 1

The End Of The Tour (A24), 4 theaters / $37K Fri. / 3-day cume: $117K /Per screen avg: $29K/ Wk 1

Best Of Enemies (MAG), 4 theaters / $6K Fri. / 3-day cume: $31K / Wk 1

Listen To Me Marlon (INDI), 1 theaters / $5K Fri. / 3-day cume: $16K /Wk 1

• Like 7