Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

They shouldn't give 4 years gap between mi5 and mi6...the sooner the better. .probably in 2017

Someone already posted a link in this thread about the next one already being in the work or so....

edit: found something at Variety:

Tom Cruise has revealed plans to return as Ethan Hunt for a sixth “Mission: Impossible,” asserting that shooting could start as early as a year from now.

Cruise made the announcement on Tuesday night’s “The Daily Show,” where he was promoting this week’s launch of “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.”

“We’re starting to work on it now. We’ll probably start shooting it next summer,” he told host Jon Stewart.

no comment from Paramount....

Edited by terrestrial

Good hold for MI, WOM already showing. Would be nice to see it beat Ant Man's OW, but will need a great Sun hold for that. Though I think it can get one. I know a very leggy run is coming and it should be fun to track since it seems like most of the board is expecting it will just have a fairly standard 3x multi or so. Can't see that at all.

3x is not fairly standard, especially for sequels. can't think of any off late. ca:ws did 2.73, dawn did 2.8.

not saying that MI5 won't/can't...just that it's not fairly standard.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Less than 20M? Not very good. But still decent......

Probable run:

Fri: 20.4

Sat: 19.7

Sun: 15.9 (-19%)

Weekend: 56.0M

Mon: 7.0 (-56%)

Tue: 8.0 (+14%)

Wed: 5.5 (-29%)

Thu: 5.0 (-10%)

Fri: 7.5 (+50%)

Sat: 10.5 (+40%)

Sun: 8.0 (-24%)

Weekend 2: 26.0M (-54%), 107M cume

Mon-Thurs: 13.0M

Weekend 3: 15.0M (-44%), 135M cume

Further gross: 40M

Total: 175M

A .8m change takes this from impressive to not very good? Seriously? It still increased 20% minus previews. It's still impressive and shows good WOM.

• Like 3

WOM for Rogue Nation is pretty great at our theatre. First of all, everyone who is coming out of it is loving it, and ticket sales were up at least 35% from yesterday (which doesn't happen in the summer).

tumblr_nbpdccgIkM1qak30bo1_r2_500.gif

I consider Tomorrowland to be an evil, life sucking experience. George Clooney, Brad Bird, and that 30 year old girl trying to be 16 should all be ashamed.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

I consider Tomorrowland to be an evil, life sucking experience. George Clooney, Brad Bird, and that 30 year old girl trying to be 16 should all be ashamed.

Clooney will include Tomorrowland in his next Batman & Robin apology

• Like 2