Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

Yeah, sorry about that. I had it way closer to Ant-Man than Fury Road.

You are awesome with the numbers and a huge THANKS for that. Bang on target 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

I expect lots of walkup business for M:I-GN this weekend.  Cruise's fanbase now skews older and less likely to attend Thursday previews.

I'm seeing it in Atmos sound later today.

4M number is fine. 55-60M OW/ 160-175M total/ 600M OS/ 760M+ WW

:o  :blink:

To remind everybody back in 2011 :

WW      DOM               OS

5 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Par. $694.7 $209.4 30.1% $485.3 69.9%

source:boxofficemojo.com

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 2

EOT: $1.8m - $28.8m w/e (June 6) (2800 locations)

POTA2: $4.1m -  $72.6m  (10pm on) (July 11)  (2750)

Lucy: $2.7m -  $43.9m (8pm on) (July 27) (2386)

Those are some good comparison figures

Average about 16.5 multiplier from midnight preview to OW

Mi5 could open with $66M  :o

This movie will absolutely hit $200m DOM imo. It just has too much going for it. Amazing reviews, incredible WOM thus far, really strong preview numbers. I am thinking $60m OW, 3.5 multi minimum, $210 DOM minimum. And definitely over $750m WW (likely significantly more).

This movie will absolutely hit $200m DOM imo. It just has too much going for it. Amazing reviews, incredible WOM thus far, really strong preview numbers. I am thinking $60m OW, 3.5 multi minimum, $210 DOM minimum. And definitely over $750m WW (likely significantly more).

I think that's a bit over reaching. I'll say 180M is a good solid finish that I would be plenty happy with.

• Like 1

This was financed by a Chinese film company as well.  So that should bode well for its China release.

China Movie Channel and Alibaba, I guess the inclusion of the Chinese Actress who was barely in it was a condition similar to Transformers.

China Movie Channel and Alibaba, I guess the inclusion of the Chinese Actress who was barely in it was a condition similar to Transformers.

I don't recall any Chinese actresses in the movie.

EoT was 3.48x with a sub-30m ow and great wom and it was an original film. Dawn was 2.8x. MI3 was 2.8x.

Going by the feedback here it seems MI5 is better received than Dawn/MI3

2.8-3.0x would be great. 3.2x possible.

Edited by a2k

EoT was 3.48x with a sub-30m ow and great wom and it was an original film. Dawn was 2.8x. MI3 was 2.8x.

Going by the feedback here it seems MI5 is better received than Dawn/MI3

2.8-3.0x would be great. 3.2x possible.

I'm thinking a 4 for the sole reason of zero competition.

I think that's a bit over reaching. I'll say 180M is a good solid finish that I would be plenty happy with.

Perhaps I am being a bit over-zealous, this movie just looks really special imo. It features action at a somewhat unprecedented level and a star that is going significantly beyond what is expected in the genre. I have really high hopes that this will play and play. $180m will still be great, but I am confident that it will hit $200m.