kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

On 5/4/2016 at 10:35 AM, Taylor said:

New trailer:

First time I've seen that.

Well that looks like Cast Away meets Open Water. The whole thing reminds me of something that is released right to WEB DL (Itunes, Video On Demand, etc) then an actual big studio release. And yeah I sort of laughed when the dude got eaten (blame the Sharknados).

Seems like the movie is going to be about her survival once she gets on that booey which could be cool. I bet there will be pauses in between the attacks. If it feels as real as Open Water, I'm excited to see it. Have a feeling there's going to be a lot of people who call it slow though. 

I'm hopeful.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not watching the new trailer as I heard the previous one had major spoilers.

But I'm really excited to see this film.

The latest trailer (Final trailer) isn't spoilery IMHO. It's actually good, if that was the only trailer I'd seen, I might have actually considered watching this movie.

Unfortunately I did watch an international trailer that was extremely spoilerish and made the movie look a lot less appealing.

How have I not heard of this before now?  Those are two of the most insane trailers I've ever seen.  This is now, without a doubt, the most anticipated film of the summer for me.  Wow.  I'm freaked out watching it.  Sharks scare the shit out of me and this looks terrifying.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2016 at 10:39 PM, 75live said:

They shows the new trailer in front of Civil War and people seemed into it until the whole planning part and then it got some laughs sadly.  I still think it will do well enough, but i was a bit surprised about the reaction

People are idiots at times.  And when things get tense, people laugh at times.  One reaction doesn't tell the whole story.  

Sharks are terrifying when done right.  Open Water is still the most tense films I've ever seen...scared the fucking hell out of me.....the shot in the trailer when she is surfing and you see the shark in the wave, hold flipping crap....that was awesome.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And it's going wide!!  Fuck yea.  I'm there opening night.

Good.  Looks like fun.  Blake isn't no master thespian, but she's worth watching.

Blake, fuck that shark up.  I'll cheer that on.

Blake v Shark...best V movie of the year, no doubt.  Well, I'm not counting Civil War.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Baumer said:

How have I not heard of this before now?  Those are two of the most insane trailers I've ever seen.  This is now, without a doubt, the most anticipated film of the summer for me.  Wow.  I'm freaked out watching it.  Sharks scare the shit out of me and this looks terrifying.

There's a brand new TV spot on its Facebook page that's amazing as well. I wish they had used it during the NBA finals than the one they actually used lol But I agree. I think a lot of people on here are underestimating this one and its potential. 

• Like 1

Sharks are terrifying and this looks to capitalize on that immensely.  I've seen all three trailers listed on imdb.....the scene where the shark leaps out of the water and eats the guy is frikkin intense and the other guy that gets eaten just as Blake is trying to pull his up is straight our of JAWS 2.  I really think this is going to be good.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spaghetti4Real said:

I'm starting to think this could surprise a few people. Had a similar feeling prior to Lucy, but maybe I'm just not using 100% of my brain.

Yup. I also don't think Sony would spend money to have it sponsor the NBA Finals if they knew the movie sucked. Like I know a lot of studios do that even when a movie is bad but usually that's for big budget films and they're trying to get back as much as they can. Especially because not many people know about this particular movie so if it was terrible they could let it die a slow death and no one would notice. Sleeper hit of the summer guys. Watch and see.

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Sharks are terrifying and this looks to capitalize on that immensely.  I've seen all three trailers listed on imdb.....the scene where the shark leaps out of the water and eats the guy is frikkin intense and the other guy that gets eaten just as Blake is trying to pull his up is straight our of JAWS 2.  I really think this is going to be good.

As someone who has read the script and sees what they're putting on screen thus far, it should be really really good. The only thing I'm interested in seeing is how suspenseful they can make it throughout the whole movie because the script is filled with loads of suspenseful moments and I do wonder if that translated well into the entire film. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

As someone who has read the script and sees what they're putting on screen thus far, it should be really really good. The only thing I'm interested in seeing is how suspenseful they can make it throughout the whole movie because the script is filled with loads of suspenseful moments and I do wonder if that translated well into the entire film. 

Fantastic....and I'm sure they did it well.  How can you not make a shark movie suspenseful?  I'm sure the night scenes are going to be terrifying....the ones in Open Water had me curled up in a fetal position.

• Like 1