kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

July 1st is going to be a bloodbath. BFG, frankly, looks like a flop. A family movie sandwiched between Finding Dory and Secret Life of Pets, both of which look way more appealing, and appeared on Fandango list. They should move that to August (Pete's Spot, which can move to October or November) or September.

It's Pete's Dragon silly billy. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It can do decent business but opening 2 days before The Purge won't help. 

I think it'll give it a chance to actually apeal to people instead of opening against Independence Day and having it become an after thought. If it's a good movie, it's going to do business regardless especially in the summer. 

It looks really good... Now it's in my top 5 movies I'm looking forward to this summer. 

The new trailer seems to have revealed quite a number of spoilers though.... :angry:

Also, I wonder when the shark finally appears in the movie. I won't be surprised we don't get to see the shark until 40 minutes into the movie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova said:

Called it earlier but I'm calling it again. This will be a sleeper hit. 

I can see that happening.

Seems like a tight little thriller with a very simple, very compelling premise.

I am looking forward to this.

• Like 1

I liked the teaser better, this showed a bit too much and started to get closer to a cheesier side that I was hoping they wouldn't go.  But again, it's just a trailer and I still plan on seeing it :) 

Edited by 75live

6 minutes ago, 75live said:

I liked the teaser better, this showed a bit too much and started to get closer to a cheesier side that I was hoping they wouldn't go.  But again, it's just a trailer and I still plan on seeing it :) 

There are two things I wish that they had not showed: the shark chomping on that dude (looked goofy as hell) and Blake wielding that flare gun (too spoilery?). But those nit picks aside, looks great to me.

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

There are two things I wish that they had not showed: the shark chomping on that dude (looked goofy as hell) and Blake wielding that flare gun (too spoilery?). But those nit picks aside, looks great to me.

yeah you basically had the same reactions I did then :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah you basically had the same reactions I did then :P 

Your cheesy comment was mainly due to that shark scene, right?

Seriously, I agree with you...mostly everything about the trailer feelt cooly atmospheric and tense, except for that scene and some shots towards the end of the trailer (looked sorta run-of-the-mill-thrillerish...)

But like you, I am certainly watching the heck out of this.