kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

They showed a longer trailer at CinemaCon, to apparently a positive reaction.

Sony showed a trailer for their June 24 Blake Lively thriller The Shallows, and this title takes the shark film in a whole new direction, with lush tropical shots, and sharp auteurish angles. It stars Blake Lively, and it’s directed by Jaume Collet Serra. This isn’t some Z-grade ‘when animals attacks’ thriller. The third mezzanine press section was in awe.

39 minutes ago, Taylor said:

They showed a longer trailer at CinemaCon, to apparently a positive reaction.

Sony showed a trailer for their June 24 Blake Lively thriller The Shallows, and this title takes the shark film in a whole new direction, with lush tropical shots, and sharp auteurish angles. It stars Blake Lively, and it’s directed by Jaume Collet Serra. This isn’t some Z-grade ‘when animals attacks’ thriller. The third mezzanine press section was in awe.

I'm personally not surprised. After reading the script I knew that if they brought it to life properly, it would be a fantastic film. I can't wait to see the new trailer! 

Btw I saw that they were doing reshoots for the film...except because Blake is pregnant  (so I'm sure they weren't planned reshoots or maybe they were) and she was wearing more clothes than what the trailer shows so I wonder how that's going to look like in the film.  

34 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Spoil away in tags. Pls

Spoiler

The scene she was reshooting was from the very beginning of the film. She is talking to her brother about the vacation that she is on and their mother who had passed away. This part of the film is actually extremely important, because Blake's character sends her brother pictures of the beach and the water. When he sees them, he notices the shark in the water and tries to call her back but by then it is too late...and in the end it all comes full circle with her brother and her mom. However it wasn't anything major in terms of the special effects or anything. 

I just don't know if they are actually reshoots or not, because I don't recall seeing them shooting this scene before. 

I just find it odd that the IMDb page lists only three actors but the actual movie has more than that...

Edited by Nova

12 minutes ago, Nova said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I just find it odd that the IMDb page lists only three actors but the actual movie has more than that...

Nice.

Ya i remember a few pap shot of her  on the beach in Australia but not sure if it was for the scene you described.

Really looking forward to this.

• Like 1

July 1st is going to be a bloodbath. BFG, frankly, looks like a flop. A family movie sandwiched between Finding Dory and Secret Life of Pets, both of which look way more appealing, and appeared on Fandango list. They should move that to August (Pete's Dragon, which can move to October or November) or September.

Edited by marveldcfox