CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Dracula Untold was definitely there to test the waters for the shared universe but Kurtzman, who has been tasked with nurturing the MSU has said Mummy will be the real kick-off and whether or not Evans has a cameo in Mummy is still up in the air. Let's not forget Incredible Hulk (2008) was technically the start of the MCU and that didn't exactly set the world on fire either with Marvel basically starting the character from scratch anyway despite the fact that it is technically canon.  

Uh...Iron Man.

Dracula Untold was definitely there to test the waters for the shared universe but Kurtzman, who has been tasked with nurturing the MSU has said Mummy will be the real kick-off and whether or not Evans has a cameo in Mummy is still up in the air. Let's not forget Incredible Hulk (2008) was technically the start of the MCU and that didn't exactly set the world on fire either with Marvel basically starting the character from scratch anyway despite the fact that it is technically canon.  

8J7gSzZ.gif

• Like 1

It's good marketing matched with huge IPs. Like, 2016 won't be nearly as good for them but it'll still have plenty of hits because they know how to make their movies look good. We've come a long way from 2008.

I'm very curious about how Bourne 5 is gonna do with this new marketing machine at Universal.

Gotta give credit to whoever's in charge of Uni's greenlights at this point. They have resoundingly turned things around.

Wait

STX Entertainment is ran by the guy who used to run Universal.

Both The Gift and Secret in Their Eyes have had terrible trailers despite great quality of film (note: I'm presuming Billy Ray won't disappoint)

Coincidence?

2m is not even a 50% increase. TMNT went up 85% on this day last year. While I didn't expect that, I expected over 50. Without a loss of theaters that's a disgusting increase for it.

2m would be -82.3% down from OD.

Comparable films' drops from OD to 2nd Fri:

FF1 -68.3%

SM3 -71.3%

FF2 -71.5%

Hellboy 2 -76.1% (against TDK)

Hulk -76.5%

Watchmen -78.4%

*sees conversation about musical biopics*

Guys not everything is gonna be this big. Look at Get on Up last year. NWA is bigger than most music groups simply because it pretty much popularized rap. Also with all the awful shit going down in America, it's timely too. The timing probably has A LOT to do with the success tbh,

The only music biopic that hasn't been done that I could see being big is The Beatles. 

*sees conversation about musical biopics*

Guys not everything is gonna be this big. Look at Get on Up last year. NWA is bigger than most music groups simply because it pretty much popularized rap. Also with all the awful shit going down in America, it's timely too. The timing probably has A LOT to do with the success tbh,

The only music biopic that hasn't been done that I could see being big is The Beatles.

A legit Beatles biopic could be amazing.

The only issue is so much has been out there about the Beatles you wouldn't be telling anything new

Yes but Iron Man started the MCU.  ^_^

Spatula may be saying that IM was just a single film world until TIH made it a connected universe?

Loosely related trivia: What was the first SH connected universe film?

Answer: Supergirl(1984), it was in the same universe as the Superman films(which had also become lame by the time it was released)