Gopher

Tuesday #s: SOC 7.3

But I kinda of agree, it was a little too much, repetitive & it was depowering Iron Man big time.

His armors were like all aluminium in IM3 ...

It was funny the first time... but they kept doing it over and over and OVER! Talk about beating a dead horse! :mellow:

Duh.

But I kinda of agree, it was a little too much, repetitive & it was depowering Iron Man big time.

His armors were like all aluminium in IM3 ...

Not like I take these power levels discussions seriously.  :ph34r:

He was suffering from PTSD, getting even less sleep than usual and working on fumes.  He built around 40 new models in 6 months - almost 2 a week.  They were never finished before he went on to the next with an idea for a new improvement.  To say they weren't his best work would be an understatement.  (IM3 is wonderful but I refuse to make a list.)

• Like 2

Also, your second point is sig worthy. My soul dies a little everytime that we default into Rank the Marvel movies. We're a bunch of really smart, interesting writers on here, and it seems kind of wasteful, when there's SO MUCH to talk about, for big topics to just devolve into the same discussion every week. (Yes, I realize that sounds elitist as shit) SOC probably has the least discussion about the actual movie I've seen for ANY 60 million opener- even something like Home garnered more talk. Which is a shame, because there's so much to pull apart here.

SOC in particular is a movie that I've enjoyed the positive reviews for as much as the negative ones and it's all fascinating conversation. And unlike the conversation-worthy indie stuff that's come out all summer, SOC made 60 mil and still it feels like nobody is interested here in talking about the movie. Somebody brings up that Ant-Man is doing well and then it all goes to crap. Tomorrow somebody will bring up Minions has had pretty good late legs and the adults who think it's a bad movie will step in and it'll all go to crap. Next week JW will re-expand and haters like Gopher will run their mouths about it for the eight time this summer. Over Labor Day AOU will re-expand and Marvel movies will be ranked and we'll spend pages ranting about IM3, an innocuous spy romp that came out over two years ago. It's cyclical and I myself hate it when I do it. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 6

Well what exactly has Compton inspired to make it the subject of the day worthy of discussing it as much as you want to??? It's a Hip Hop movie that can only be discussed so much before there really isn't anything left to say.. A Hip Hop movie made 60M OW.. Congratulations.. Now what???

You can say that about ANY movie, especially the superhero ones. SOC can be about hip hop, police brutality, the "American Dream", unnecessary extra security for the film, the hundreds of theaters adding it because it was underestimated, a movie with an all Black cast crossing over, etc. There is a lot.

• Like 2

SOC in particular is a movie that I've enjoyed the positive reviews for as much as the negative ones and it's all fascinating conversation. And unlike the conversation-worthy indie stuff that's come out all summer, SOC made 60 mil and still it feels like nobody is interested here in talking about the movie. Somebody brings up that Ant-Man is doing well and then it all goes to crap. Tomorrow somebody will bring up Minions has had pretty good late legs and the adults who think it's a bad movie will step in and it'll all go to crap. Next week JW will re-expand and haters like Gopher will run their mouths about it for the eight time this summer. Over Labor Day AOU will re-expand and Marvel movies will be ranked and we'll spend pages ranting about IM3, an innocuous spy romp that came out over two years ago. It's cyclical and I myself hate it when I do it.

Lets not forget the biggest movie of them all when it comes to repeated themes. :redcapes: The problems are so big any mentions of it off-topic are banned in the moment. But BvS is coming... Edited by CJohn