Gopher

Tuesday #s: SOC 7.3

All these acronyms....I'm assuming WS is Winter Soldier.

If so, we seem to have the same opinion on Marvel films. I loved AM, loved WS and loved Avengers. Hated both Thor's and AOU is horrible.

RANK THE MARVEL MOVIES!

Edited by StarWarsBuff

If so, we seem to have the same opinion on Marvel films.  I loved AM, loved WS and loved Avengers.  Hated both Thor's and AOU is horrible.

Haven't seen Ant Man yet, but I agree with the rest. Loved WS and The Avenger, liked the first CA, but hated Thor's 1-2 and AOU.

You were right, I was wrong.  I really thought there was more interest for it here.

There's just hardly any theaters playing it in Canada. It's hard to make a dent in the day to day gross when it's playing at 120 sites out of the 2751 total. Although it does look like about 75 sites are being added for this coming week. So there's that.

Edited by misterchief81
  • Like 1

50M will happen, but I don't consider a drop from >2.9M to 1.3M (Tues to Tues) a "good hold". Nor do I consider a Mon to Mon drop from 2.26M to .96M to be very impressive. AMs holds have been in the 60-70 range after 5 weeks. Those are impressive holds and only happens when the public really likes the movie.

Minions drops have also been in the same range for 3 weeks or so. Antman and Minions are the new JW and IO - best friends in box office:)

There's just hardly any theaters playing it in Canada. It's hard to make a dent in the day to day gross when it's playing at 120 sites out of the 2751 total. Although it does look like about 75 sites are being added for this coming week. So there's that.

You can say that again. I would have to drive nearly two hours to find a theatre playing it, but this Friday there's a few theatres getting it near me (mine included). 

• Like 1

If so, we seem to have the same opinion on Marvel films.  I loved AM, loved WS and loved Avengers.  Hated both Thor's and AOU is horrible.

I like all the MCU films and I'm admittedly biased. But I do agree on which are the weaker and stronger of the films(I just don't have the thin line between love and hate you seem to possess for them).

• Like 2