Bad: Thor 2

Unwatchable: IM3, AoU

Mine:

Want to sleep with: WS, GOTG

Loved: TA, IM, Ant-Man

Liked a lot: CA1, AOU

Liked: IM2, IM3, Thor

Liked but wouldn't ask out on a 2nd date: TIH, Thor 2

Thor 2 is the weakest(mainly because of the end of the film) while Winter Soldier is the strongest.

ANT-MAN took in $0.920M on Tuesday. Domestic total stands at $159.15M. #AntMan

THE GIFT took in $1.02M on Tuesday. Domestic total stands at $25.36M. #TheGift

Minions was back to number 4 today in its 40th day.

So it's probably just shy $160m with Wed Dailies. No way it stays flat of course. 

Thursday it is!

Ah man Compton was really really close to 75 million it should do about between 85-87 million in 7-days which is excellent.

Plus, with another 250+ theaters this next weekend, it should be able to do at least $27-28 million for the weekend. $30 million+ is a legitimate possibility. 

Compton is doing phenomenal.

IM3 is so much fun. People complain that these movies are always devoid of identity and too interlocking and IM3 pretty much negates all of that. Shane Black totally plays by his own rules, with tangents that just bounce around the screen at breakneck speed.

Anyway there are six reviews in the Straight Outta Compton thread and three pages of Marvel movie rankings for no apparent reason. We need to talk about other movies. Compton itself offers boatloads of conversation topics. 

• Like 10

tumblr_ly8chaHasv1qe1n7yo6_r1_250.gif

The interminable Marvel rankings aren't about nerds loving stuff so much as they're about some nerds quantifying their hate to get brownie points. Marvel Studios is doing well now, hence we never see "Rank the DC/WB movies!" on this forum. If we ranked WB's output it'd be a couple of Superman and Batman movies at the top, followed by varying levels of mediocrity/horrendousness for the rest. No fun in that. :mellow:

• Like 2

The interminable Marvel rankings aren't about nerds loving stuff so much as they're about some nerds quantifying their hate to get brownie points. Marvel Studios is doing well now, hence we never see "Rank the DC/WB movies!" on this forum. If we ranked WB's output it'd be a couple of Superman and Batman movies at the top, followed by varying levels of mediocrity/horrendousness for the rest. No fun in that. :mellow:

Poor Gopher, this is merely the beginning of superhero talks & rankings & feuds.

WB/DC are officially entering the CU game next year :

the MCU/DCU wars are coming, along with the red capes.

• Like 2

IM3 is so much fun. People complain that these movies are always devoid of identity and too interlocking and IM3 pretty much negates all of that. Shane Black totally plays by his own rules, with tangents that just bounce around the screen at breakneck speed.

Anyway there are six reviews in the Straight Outta Compton thread and three pages of Marvel movie rankings for no apparent reason. We need to talk about other movies. Compton itself offers boatloads of conversation topics. 

I've obviously been vocally opposed to the fanboy "IT HAZ 2 B A FAITHFUL ADAPTASHUN!!!11" mumbo jumbo that's been so omnipresent lately, but Iron Man 3 suffers from a different problem- while it certainly tries to be interesting and play by its own rules, it forgoes any development of established characters and a defined universe, meaning that it nails the furniture but kind of forgets a foundation. I like that it tries to be a different type of movie, but unlike Ant-Man, which found creative ways for these small-scale ideas to work while developing the characters/plot in a sensible way, it sort of feels like they shot a bunch of cool scenes, and then tried to put them together in the editing room (or as it is now known, American Hustling). It's like Shane Black wrote this fun as hell buddy farce action comedy, and then did a Find+Replace to add a bunch of Iron Man stuff into it- and for me, it kills its identity, because it's stuck in this weird limbo between Marvel and an identity of its own, and it doesn't really seem cohesive. It seems like the script was built around cool conceptions and then the plot was forced around it, instead of a tight structure enhanced by intelligent, unique ideas. But that's just what I think- I totally understand why you DID like it.

Also, your second point is sig worthy. My soul dies a little everytime that we default into Rank the Marvel movies. We're a bunch of really smart, interesting writers on here, and it seems kind of wasteful, when there's SO MUCH to talk about, for big topics to just devolve into the same discussion every week. (Yes, I realize that sounds elitist as shit) SOC probably has the least discussion about the actual movie I've seen for ANY 60 million opener- even something like Home garnered more talk. Which is a shame, because there's so much to pull apart here.

• Like 2

Wasn't that a metaphor for how Tony was falling apart?

Duh.

But I kinda of agree, it was a little too much, repetitive & it was depowering Iron Man big time.

His armors were like all aluminium in IM3 ...

Not like I take these power levels discussions seriously.  :ph34r: