Neo

Fear the Walking Dead | AMC

They should have cut the premiere to one hour. It didn't need to be 1.5 hours.

Probably would have seemed less boring.

While I don't think it was boring, I can argue it didn't need to be that long either.  But the way I look at it is, now they got all that stuff out of the way in episode one, they can get moving faster in the next episode

While I don't think it was boring, I can argue it didn't need to be that long either.  But the way I look at it is, now they got all that stuff out of the way in episode one, they can get moving faster in the next episode

But will they get moving faster?  I suspect not.

I watched it last night.  I'm someone who gave a up on TWD a few seasons ago.  With TWD you didn't really have to wonder about how a virus that wasn't airborne and who's victims moved quite slowly could wipe out most of the world's population.  That's something they have to deal with here and I don't think the pilot was entirely successful.  

yeah i'm a bit confused at how slowly the virus is spreading which is weird , i wonder what's the timeline between this premiere and twd 's 

mostly i'm dissappointed because clearly we still won't know what the fuck happened or how this started , these characters we've met aren't doctors/scientists ! oh well i'll watch but really 2 shows in same zombie verse dunno hope it don't get stale because of ho hum mystery

only difference i'm seeing right now is small town vs big city outbreak , in a city of millions maybe it seem to take more time to spread or be noticed  , oh and zombies don't much look like zombie maybe an LA thing or maybe since they're newly minted Zs they haven't been around the block a couple times lollll

You gave up on TWD a few seasons ago? Boy, what a bad time to give up on it. You've missed awesomeness.

Did you guys expect them to explain how it all started in the very first episode? How can you say we won't find out the cause? You can't possibly know that and it's quite a reach to say that.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen
  • Like 3

Kirkman has gone on record saying we will never know what the actual cause is.

Yes. But she said we wouldn't find out because the main characters aren't medical personnel. Which, ignoring what Kirkman said, would be silly considering all we've seen is the pilot and don't know who they'll meet.

Second episode was slow moving but still maintained a tense atmosphere. Curious what kind of direction they go with the Latino family. I really hope they aren't just redshirts.

The atmosphere is very tense in this series. I thought the episode was better than last week. two week for episode 3 which looks like it's gonna be good.

eh people behaving stupidly drives me nuts ....some i can excuse for not knowing what's going on but the mom seriously no excuse and still not telling the daughter wtf....

then the whole police protester thing why hide it under convenient pretext of the characters hiding in that store , so we're in same situation as twd , and here i thought we were going to see how shit went down full frontal but nope more of the same ...lots of ominous music and noise, peek-a-boo zombie moment 

maybe what we need is to see this univers from the zombie pov