WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

I'd say it's more impressive that Ant-Man made as much as it did with such bad advertising going for it. Kind of hope the person responsible for that terrible teaser trailer got canned or demoted.

The teaser trailer was the best piece of marketing that it had not sure what you're talking about

I hate that Hollywood doesn't schedule any good movies for the end of August. I'm always craving something to watch!

It is a self fulfilling prophecy - Hollywood doesn't release big movies in the second half of August because no one watches them and no one watches movies because Hollywood doesn't release big movies at that time.
  • Like 3

It is a self fulfilling prophecy - Hollywood doesn't release big movies in the second half of August because no one watches them and no one watches movies because Hollywood doesn't release big movies at that time.

One of my friends was looking for something to do over the weekend and he asked if there were any new movies out that we could see... I told him no, though I get the feeling he's the kind of person who would've enjoyed Hitman Agent 47

Inglourious Basterds says fuck you to that theory. Also, wasn't Halloween released during Labor Day weekend and did some pretty strong numbers as well?

One of my friends was looking for something to do over the weekend and he asked if there were any new movies out that we could see... I told him no, though I get the feeling he's the kind of person who would've enjoyed Hitman Agent 47

What?! And you didn't went with him to see that stunning masterpiece?!?!?!?

dc2735ff56517ff8d3ed0775b68509.gif?i=Cxc

CJohn should I see Hitman?

If you are in need of some ridiculous dumb action stupidity and ready to embrace it, sure :lol:

I answered you on Instagram something similar when you asked. 

Edited by CJohn

Inglourious Basterds says fuck you to that theory. Also, wasn't Halloween released during Labor Day weekend and did some pretty strong numbers as well?

Yes, Rob Zombie's Halloween was the biggest LD 4-day opening ever. $30.6m ($36.1m adj.)

It seems like some sort of fluke, the 2nd biggest is The Possession at only $21.1m (though adjusted, it's Transporter 2 at $25.5m). There have been only five movies to have a Labor Day opening of over $20m adjusted, and four of them came out between 2001-07.

Of course, for non-openers, the movie to sell the most tickets over the 4-day was The Sixth Sense (a WTF $46.8m adjusted, that's $10m more than Halloween at today's prices).

And back in 1993, The Fugitive had another WTF, $33.8m adjusted.

You probably did him a favor Ethan...you're a good friend.

TMNT had pretty good late August legs too. It's just how the empty market plays out, not like it's exclusive to Guardians/Ant-Man

Suicide Squad should play similarly next year

TMNT had pretty good late August legs too. It's just how the empty market plays out, not like it's exclusive to Guardians/Ant-Man

Suicide Squad should play similarly next year

TMNT hitting a 3 multiplier, especially with GOTG targeting the same demo was an amazing performance last year. No one expected TMNT to be as big or as leggy as it was. Edited by grim22

TMNT hitting a 3 multiplier, especially with GOTG targeting the same demo was an amazing performance last year. No one expected TMNT to be as big or as leggy as it was.

Both movies took advantage of the shit Summer schedule. People wanted something to see.

You know i'm a little surprised this place isn't going crazy because the Christian film that's in less then 1,500 theaters won 1st place on Friday. 

Barely outdoing the 15 day old film at #2, which it will slip behind for the weekend.

• Like 1