CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

‘Bad Boys 3’ Director Joe Carnahan to Write ‘Uncharted’ Adaptation for Sony (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/uncharted-movie-joe-carnahan-video-game-adaptation-bad-boys-3-1201826553/

Wait, they just got a writer for this? :rofl:

Well, looks like neither Bad Boys 3 nor Uncharted are making their designated dates anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

‘Bad Boys 3’ Director Joe Carnahan to Write ‘Uncharted’ Adaptation for Sony (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/uncharted-movie-joe-carnahan-video-game-adaptation-bad-boys-3-1201826553/

Wait, they just got a writer for this? :rofl:

More like they got another writer for yet another script.

• Like 1

God dammit!!! This has so much potential to be the breakthrough for video game films. I honestly can't stand to see them fuck it up. Just cancel the damn thing if they can't figure it out. It shouldn't be that hard, the games would lend themselves ridiculously well to film if they basically just copy and paste a lot of the plot, characters, and setpieces. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I'd rather they not try to tell a plot from the games. Just give us an adventure with Nate and Sully. Elena too would be nice, but I'd buy another woman of the week if they really wanted to. Make a movie that can be apart of the continuity of the games, instead of one that is just a reworking of one of them.

Course, I'd also rather they just did CG mo-cap with the original actors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'd rather they not try to tell a plot from the games. Just give us an adventure with Nate and Sully. Elena too would be nice, but I'd buy another woman of the week if they really wanted to. Make a movie that can be apart of the continuity of the games, instead of one that is just a reworking of one of them.

Course, I'd also rather they just did CG mo-cap with the original actors.

Well to be fair, I guess maybe the plot from the first game isn't quite so film ready. But I really would like them to be able to still set it up so that they could tell the plot from the second game almost as it is. Uncharted 2 was one of the first games I ever played where I legitimately felt the video game medium told a story that could have been a great feature film just as it was, and likewise some of those action sequences in the game would be incredible on the silver screen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well to be fair, I guess maybe the plot from the first game isn't quite so film ready. But I really would like them to be able to still set it up so that they could tell the plot from the second game almost as it is. Uncharted 2 was one of the first games I ever played where I legitimately felt the video game medium told a story that could have been a great feature film just as it was, and likewise some of those action sequences in the game would be incredible on the silver screen.  

Oh, I don't disagree, I'd love to see any of the Uncharted games on the big screen. But there is too much in them for a 2 hour film, along with the action set pieces, and character bits. And since the Uncharted games are pretty stand alone, with only the Nathan Elena relationship being the tie between them, a movie that is it's own plot doesn't feel out of place for the series.

Also, they could just steal the set pieces for the big screen in another film, and I'd give them a pass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm honestly wondering what is Sony's big tentpole plan for next summer. Bad Boys 3 and this are both looking very iffy for next summer, the only movie they have on tap currently is the Spider-Man reboot.

Hmm. JUMANJI?

1 hour ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

Huh, I figured you guys would be excited to have someone like Carnahan writing. He seems like a good fit.

But I wanted my David O'Russell/Mark Wahlberg/Robert De Niro version!!!