kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

Is this movie really gonna release this year? doesn't she have that arrofonsky movie in the fall?

Fox said November, and Aronofsky said October.  I'm assuming Aronofsky will take Mother to festivals, but I don't know.  Aronofsky finished filming in August and FLawrence just started filming now, so if one moves I presume it will be this one, but at this point they are both scheduled for this year.

A lot of other actresses do a lot more films in a year though. Didn't Brie and Alicia both do four or five last year?  Jen usually does two.  If she finally does get back to small indies, as she wants to, she might do more, I suppose.

As she says herself, as an actress she has a shelf life.  These are her prime working years.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, trifle said:

A lot of other actresses do a lot more films in a year though. Didn't Brie and Alicia both do four or five last year?  Jen usually does two.  If she finally does get back to small indies, as she wants to, she might do more, I suppose.

I have doubts about that. She's too big right now to go back.

• Like 1

Paramount Pictures has made its most significant long-term alliance in China since Viacom chief Shari Redstone nixed a 49% stake sale to Dalian Wanda for $4.9 billion last year. The studio has closed deals with Shanghai Film Group Corp and Beijing-based Huahua Media for those companies to fund 25% or more of the studio’s entire film slate for the next three years, with an option for a fourth.

The deal is worth a potential $1 billion in slate funds, which is retroactive to Par’s fourth-quarter films. It extends a relationship between the studio and Chinese companies that already was growing. The deal also will help Paramount with the release and marketing of its films in China. Shanghai United, the country’s second-largest distributor, will be very involved in assisting Paramount with the dating and distribution of its movies in China going forward. The prospect of a team-up in co-productions of Chinese films also is being eyed....

Films in the Shanghai Film Group/Huahua Media slate deal include this weekend’s opener xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, for which both companies previously signed on as investors. The deal also encompasses funding of such upcoming films as the Darren Aronofsky-directed thriller with Jennifer Lawrence starring; the 2019 CGI animated family film Amusement Park; and the Rupert Sanders-directed Scarlett Johansson-starrer Ghost in the Shell, set for March release. It also encompasses Paramount’s franchises that include Mission: Impossible, Transformers, a new Top Gun and a World War Z sequel that’s expected to reunite Brad Pitt with director David Fincher.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/paramount-pictures-china-shanghai-film-group-huahua-media-one-billion-dollar-slate-financing-1201889562/