kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

4 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

Any guesses on whether that's JLaw in that video?

3 hours ago, Klingo said:

Well who else would it be if they are filming that.  Its not like there were stunts involved, just her walking down the street.

Yeah, I think it is likely her. 

Translation:

The Story of the Red Sparrow

In Russia (led by Vladimir Putin) an intelligence officer (is it the right word for it?) Dominika Egorova tries to survive in the jungle of the post-soviet intelligence. She just finished the "Sparrow school" (where they train the students in seduction for intelligence purposes) and her first mission is to spy on CIA agent Nathaniel Nash. He is the contact person of one of the most valuable American spy who is a mole among the Russians.

The story starts from Russia through Finland, Greece and Italy to the United States. Egorova and Nash find themselves in a "mortal crossfire" (don't know the right expression, whatever), where not only their life but also others are in danger. Secret oaths are made and broken, while every intelligence is getting into danger from Moscow to Washington.

@trifle @A District 3 Engineer @ChrisTelclear

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Klingo said:

Well who else would it be if they are filming that.  Its not like there were stunts involved, just her walking down the street.

If it is her she's wearing a different wig from the earlier shots of her in costume, or it's the lighting making it look blonde, can't tell which.  I thought it might be Joely Richardson

Edited by ChrisTelclear

18 minutes ago, ChrisTelclear said:

If it is her she's wearing a different wig from the earlier shots of her in costume, or it's the lighting making it look blonde, can't tell which.  I thought it might be Joely Richardson

I thought so at first but when she turns at the end you can see it is brown not blonde.  (Or seems to be to me.) Remember, she is more of a brown/auburn than she was in THG or SLP. I'm pretty sure it's the lighting glaring, which also makes it blurry.  She moves like Jen, though, and the person who filmed it thought it was, and they saw her directly, so.....

Obviously, I don't know, for a fact.  I wouldn't be surprised if the wig below was her rehearsal wig, though.  She looked much more put together in the scene we saw of her actually filming in that hat, a few days later.

C2jPLNOUsAA_CGa.jpg

C2fm-g7VIAIMVTX.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trifle said:

I thought so at first but when she turns at the end you can see it is brown not blonde.  (Or seems to be to me.) Remember, she is more of a brown/auburn than she was in THG or SLP. I'm pretty sure it's the lighting glaring, which also makes it blurry.  She moves like Jen, though, and the person who filmed it thought it was, and they saw her directly, so.....

Obviously, I don't know, for a fact.  I wouldn't be surprised if the wig below was her rehearsal wig, though.  She looked much more put together in the scene we saw of her actually filming in that hat, a few days later.

C2jPLNOUsAA_CGa.jpg

C2fm-g7VIAIMVTX.jpg

It seems like the shoot appears to have a lot night shots, could be dark and noirish, which I like.

Sakina Jaffrey in final talks to join as Trish Forsythe, station commander of the CIA office in Helsinki. 

http://deadline.com/2017/02/sakina-jaffrey-red-sparrow-fox-bill-marchant-volition-indie-1201970775/

Not only are they sticking to the book for sure (no Helsinki in Singer's draft at all), Forsyth is male in the book. Good on Francis to change gender of the character. Enjoyed Sakina's work in House of Cards and Mr Robot!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Sakina Jaffrey in final talks to join as Trish Forsythe, station commander of the CIA office in Helsinki. 

http://deadline.com/2017/02/sakina-jaffrey-red-sparrow-fox-bill-marchant-volition-indie-1201970775/

Not only are they sticking to the book for sure (no Helsinki in Singer's draft at all), Forsyth is male in the book. Good on Francis to change gender of the character. Enjoyed Sakina's work in House of Cards and Mr Robot!

That changes a dynamic a bit.

Spoiler

Particularly if we are correct in assuming that Edgerton is Nate Nash - this actress is closer to Edgerton's age than Jen is.  Forsythe is supposed to be a mentoring, somewhat older guy who sympathizes with Nate's impulsiveness where Dominika is concerned.... this will just be different than the book.  It actually seems like a plus to me, though.

By the way, as a bit of fan trivia, Dominika and Nate have already been given a couple name...

"Dominate."

(I knew you'd want to know! :P)

Edited by trifle