kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

do you really believe in an OVER 100 club? what's your prediction?  this is based on a book. right|? is it popular?

I don't know anything about the story or the book. And it's too soon to make a prediction. Cold War movies are not exactly big money-makers these days, so probably under 100M.

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

Where is the interwiew? :)

Maybe you could help us with this?  The Hungarian dubbing drowns out the English.  Apparently she says she is working on Red Sparrow for five months, and she is learning a Russian accent and other things (probably ballet.)  If you could give us more detail, that would be great!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alli said:

I reserve the rights to make an UNDER 100M club. i just don't buy her as a spy. and if the movie is mediocre, it could go the way of Allied...

You don't like her so I expect you would be rooting for that in any event.

The book was 'popular' but not in The Hunger Games or Harry Potter sense, and I don't know the budget or anything so I have no prediction myself at this time.

20 minutes ago, trifle said:

You don't like her so I expect you would be rooting for that in any event.

The book was 'popular' but not in The Hunger Games or Harry Potter sense, and I don't know the budget or anything so I have no prediction myself at this time.

I like her acting, but not when she's miscast. i think she's a strong actress ...in the right role.

10 hours ago, trifle said:

Maybe you could help us with this?  The Hungarian dubbing drowns out the English.  Apparently she says she is working on Red Sparrow for five months, and she is learning a Russian accent and other things (probably ballet.)  If you could give us more detail, that would be great!

-She's very excited about working with her favorite director Francis Lawrence

-She doesn't know where Hungary is :lol:

-She prepared for 6 months, learned Russian accent (but refused to say something with it)

-Filming will be 5 months

The other half of the interview is entirely about Passengers.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, misafeco said:

-She's very excited about working with her favorite director Francis Lawrence

-She doesn't know where Hungary is :lol:

-She prepared for 6 months, learned Russian accent (but refused to say something with it)

-Filming will be 5 months

The other half of the interview is entirely about Passengers.

And being Jen she comes right out and says so, I am sure. :rolleyes:

Thank you!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, trifle said:

And being Jen she comes right out and says so, I am sure. :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Americans usually have problems with placing smaller European countries on the map. She likely knows it now that she spends some months here. :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 3:51 PM, Alli said:

I reserve the rights to make an UNDER 100M club. i just don't buy her as a spy. and if the movie is mediocre, it could go the way of Allied...

The issue you have is with her as a spy?  I have no problem at all seeing that.  Now, the ballerina part ... I have my doubts.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The issue you have is with her as a spy?  I have no problem at all seeing that.  Now, the ballerina part ... I have my doubts.  :lol:

She looks too young to play a convincing spy. Didn't know she's supposed to be a ballerina too. LOL 

38 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

She has a body double..... She's taken ballet lessons from the guy who taught Natalie Portman in Black Swan, but she's a clutz so I'm sure they'll use her ballet body double a lot.

Spoiler

In any event, the ballet part is only in the beginning.  The end of her ballet career sets the stage for the start of the story.  This is an 'origin story' in so far as spy movies have them.

Edited by trifle

21 minutes ago, Alli said:

She looks too young to play a convincing spy. Didn't know she's supposed to be a ballerina too. LOL 

It is a function of the story that she is young.  Edgarton is too old for Nash, according to the book, but she is the right age. 

• Like 1