kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

LOL, they showed the old trailer during the Tonys last night. I was at a party with about thirty other theater actors/tech people in their 20s and 30s and everyone shushed each other when it came on. The poor guy throwing the party wanted to check the Cardinals score during the commercial break but he literally chose the one everyone cared about so people were screaming at him because they wanted to see Lin Manuel Miranda and Emily Blunt lmao

still looks fucking great though, the imagery of Mary coming on the kite made me almost tear-up back when i got the trailer for the first time at WiT btw

Let's face it, only thing people are talking about from the Tonys is De Niro's rant...

• Disbelief 1

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Let's face it, only thing people are talking about from the Tonys is De Niro's rant...

That and the Parkland drama club doing a piece. 

Politics is all the news really reported from that event. 

I had to go looking for who the winners were. 

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

That and the Parkland drama club doing a piece. 

Politics is all the news really reported from that event. 

I had to go looking for who the winners were. 

WHen you have perhaps America's most respected actor dropping the F bomb on the President, no way that is NOT going to dominate the news.

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Moved up a week.

hey Disney y'know I was joking

On 6/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, That One Guy said:

Every major studio except Disney has a film coming out December 21.  Which can only mean one thing:

Move Mary Poppins Returns up 4 days.

• Haha 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

About damn time. Many of us have been saying all along it was leaving millions on the table by not getting that extra week of potential christmas break business. The 12/21 weekend is going to be a true clusterfuck now though. Alita will get absolutely destroyed, and so will AQM barring great reviews. 

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Something will move from 12/21 probably. Alita is bombing regardless of when it's opening so I guess why not stick it there for some Xmas break padding. Aquaman really should've kept to October tbh

Move where? November is just as packed and no one wants the dreaded early December slot. January is basically the only option, and I doubt any of the studios would be willing to move something like AQM, Alita, or Bumblebee there. AQM would get destroyed by Venom in October with how that is looking to breakout. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, Alli said:

that's a dead spot.

No it's not. November 30 is, that's the post-Thanksgiving weekend. December 7 is fine. I can understand studios hesitating to release a movie on that weekend when they had to face Star Wars a week later, but this year is not gonna have that problem, and if they put something big there (like Aquaman) they can get a nice headstart on the season.