WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

So as I was validating my parking stub at the Arclight (after walking out of THE MARTIAN), Carlton Cuse wandered by right next to me with friends and/or family.

Did you walk out during the movie, or after?

• Like 2

So as I was validating my parking stub at the Arclight (after walking out of THE MARTIAN), Carlton Cuse wandered by right next to me with friends and/or family.

How long did you last?

Who's Carlton Cuse???

Think Lost. And then you'll remember the hatred for him.

"Arthur Carlton Cuse[1][2] (born March 22, 1959) is an American screenwriter, showrunner and producer, best known as an executive producer and screenwriter for the American television series Lost, for which he made the Time magazine list of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2010."

Edited by Queen Shar

Looks like it will come down to the wire. After a 1.1M lead from previews and a 500k lead from Friday, Martian will go into Sunday with a <100k lead. It will need to hold extremely well to beat Gravity. Deadline seems bullish but are ignoring that it is October and not summer. We may not get a clear answer till Monday actuals. 

The box office tonight has a huge case of Saturday night fever with the top 11 films all seeing surges over Friday by an average of 61%. Currently, late night receipts show 20th Century Fox’s The Martian grossing an estimated $56M over three days, making it the highest opening film ever in October and inching out the $55.8M made by Warner Bros.’ Gravity‘s two years ago. Martian’s Saturday saw an estimated 26% uptick over Friday with $22.7M. 

Edited by grim22

Looks like it will come down to the wire. After a 1.1M lead from previews and a 500k lead from Friday, Martian will go into Sunday with a <100k lead. It will need to hold extremely well to beat Gravity. Deadline seems bullish but are ignoring that it is October and not summer. We may not get a clear answer till Monday actuals. 

The box office tonight has a huge case of Saturday night fever with the top 11 films all seeing surges over Friday by an average of 61%. Currently, late night receipts show 20th Century Fox’s The Martian grossing an estimated $56M over three days, making it the highest opening film ever in October and inching out the $55.8M made by Warner Bros.’ Gravity‘s two years ago. Martian’s Saturday saw an estimated 26% uptick over Friday with $22.7M. 

Great analysis Deadline.  How does this stat have any relevance?