Wrath

BOT User Tracking 10/9-11 Pan, The Walk (wide), 99 Homes (wide)

That *was* fun. This week should be entertaining, if for no other reason than expectations couldn't possibly be lower for Pan and The Walk's expansion, and no one expects anything at all out of 99 Homes. So we've got lots of potential for an upside surprise!

Please provide your 10/9-11 Opening Weekend predictions for:

Pan

The Walk (expanding wide)

99 Homes (expanding, I think it'll be wide)

Deadline is Wednesday 5 PM EST.

You can post responses here, PM them to me, or post them in the Weekend Predict thread (but I'm only taking predictions from the Weekend Predict threat posted on last Saturday or later, up to the deadline). Thank you for participating!

Just as a reminder, the intent of this is produce a forum-wide prediction for each wide-opening movie's opening weekend. Everyone submits their 3-day predicts (even if a movie has a weird release date, we're just doing predicts for Fri-Sun), I note them all, aggregate the results, and put out some numbers of what our collective view point on the movies looks like, as well as how they compare with predicts from a few other well known sites. Then the next week, I'll compare our predicts with the actuals, see how we did, and recognize the most accurate predictor for each movie.

There's no purpose for this other than fun, and once the spreadsheet is big enough (in a few months, perhaps) I'll post it online somewhere so folks can go through it and see if there's anything interesting. Predicts can be posted here, PM'ed to me, and I'll also pull predicts from the Weekend Predict thread (as long as they are posted Saturday or later. Last Saturday, I mean. Posting the Saturday of the weekend we're predicting for would be totally cheating). Also, this in no way is in competition with the Weekend Predict thread. They serve different purposes and can happily co-exist. 

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Btw, I added some trivia bits to the end of last week's post. Folks might find them interesting. Its just counting trivia so far, but I'm thinking that once we get to 50 movies predicted (around Halloween) and I get some free time I might start playing with the data a little. Plus, I'll stick the spreadsheet online in case anyone feels like looking through it.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Btw, I added some trivia bits to the end of last week's post. Folks might find them interesting. Its just counting trivia so far, but I'm thinking that once we get to 50 movies predicted (around Halloween) and I get some free time I might start playing with the data a little. Plus, I'll stick the spreadsheet online in case anyone feels like looking through it.

What do you think overall of our predictions so far? Are we pretty good, average or bad?

What do you think overall of our predictions so far? Are we pretty good, average or bad?

Excellent question, and so far I have absolutely no idea. One thing I'm probably going to have to do is go back and fill in the predicts for a bunch of the early movies for which I didn't necessarily get everyone else's predicts for.

• Like 1

Why so low for The Walk? I think it can at least break 10mil. 

Well it did like 1/5th of Everest's IMAX opening, and Everest only had a 13m wide expansion. So things certainly aren't looking good for The Walk. Unless it's the opposite of Everest and has a poor IMAX release but a strong wide one. 

Excellent question, and so far I have absolutely no idea. One thing I'm probably going to have to do is go back and fill in the predicts for a bunch of the early movies for which I didn't necessarily get everyone else's predicts for.

By which I mean other website's predicts.

• Like 1