Blankments

The Glass Castle | Destin Daniel Cretton | August 11, 2017

Writer-Director: Destin Daniel Cretton

Writers: Marti Noxon, Andrew Lanham

Producer: Gil Netter, Erik Feig

Distributor: Lionsgate

Starring:

Brie Larson...Jeannette Walls

Synopsis: Based on a book, Jeannette Walls grows up in a dysfunctional family of nonconformist nomads.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

The book is a masterpiece and Cretton/Larson being involved makes it all the better. I'm so excited.

I'm interested in seeing the structure, though, since being the story of a girl from childhood to adulthood, it'd be difficult for Larson to capture that (They'll probably use a child actor for a younger Jeanette)

• Like 1

I'm interested in seeing the structure, though, since being the story of a girl from childhood to adulthood, it'd be difficult for Larson to capture that (They'll probably use a child actor for a younger Jeanette)

Richard Linklater could give them some tips on what to do in that situation.

• Like 2

The book is a masterpiece and Cretton/Larson being involved makes it all the better. I'm so excited.

Surprised you're not shaking your fists and going "CAYOM!!!"

Can't wait. With the photos, I thought it was going to get released this year guerilla style for the Oscars. Probably would have been nominated also, at least for the actors. Love Cretton and Brie after Short Term 12, imagine Jennifer Lawrence was up for the role before

On 11/1/2016 at 7:19 PM, Exxdee said:

Can't wait. With the photos, I thought it was going to get released this year guerilla style for the Oscars. Probably would have been nominated also, at least for the actors. Love Cretton and Brie after Short Term 12, imagine Jennifer Lawrence was up for the role before

Jen was attached to it but left this and Rosie game (or whatever it was called) to do Aronofsky's mother!  She and Brie filmed at the same time in Montreal and saw a lot of each other, though.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Hmm. Kinda a captain fantastic vibe to it. Not sure about this one despite how much I loved short term 12.

I hope it's not like that. Having read the book, it has many darker undertones, especially with Rex's alcoholism. If all goes right, Harrelson could be a force to be reckoned with in the Supporting Actor race.