kayumanggi

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | 388.5 M overseas | 543.9 M worldwide

1 hour ago, superweirdo87 said:

345-375 OS

Too low, I think 375 is absolute floor.

It's 302 on BOM only includes the 59 M from China (weekend).  Add the 22M or so it's made so far this week plus another 15 M by end of weekend.  You are looking at 340 M.  Will probably add another 15-30M by end of run in China, 30M every else and whatever in Japan.

22 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

15M from China and 10M from the rest of the world :(

It was at 436 million worldwide, before having its foreign numbers updated.

So, it probably got more than just 25 million overseas.  There's still Japan. 400 million overseas still possible. 

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:
China Box Office
  X-Men: Apocalypse
Day # Date Rank Gross % - YD % - LW Gross-to-Date     Weekly Gross        % - Change
          USD / M     USD / M        USD / M  
0 June 2 Thu 2 $1.16  - - $1.16         $58.48             -
1 3 Fri 1 $16.86  - - $18.02 
2 4 Sat 1 $22.78  26.42% - $40.80 
3 5 Sun 1 $17.68  -22.40% - $58.48 
4 6 Mon 1 $7.49  -57.60% - $65.97         $39.51                      -32.44%
5 7 Tue 2 $6.36  -15.10% - $72.33 
6 8 Wed 2 $3.77  -40.69% - $76.11 
7 9 Thu 2 $7.08  87.73% - $83.19 
8 10 Fri 2 $6.83  -3.54% -62.07% $90.03 
9 11 Sat 2 $5.04  -26.22% -77.87% $95.07 
10 12 Sun 2 $2.92  -42.17% -83.51% $97.98

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

poor performance overall

It will be the second highest earning X-Men film of all time (not counting Deadpool). Not bad at all considering close to 70% of the cast is brand new, the cast from the original trilogy is absent and Wolverine is just in a cameo. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It will be the second highest earning X-Men film of all time (not counting Deadpool). Not bad at all considering close to 70% of the cast is brand new, the cast from the original trilogy is absent and Wolverine is just in a cameo. 

The bad reviews too.

I think it is quite bad with bright spots like emerging markets and China.

Edited by superweirdo87

15 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

The bad reviews too.

I think it is quite bad with bright spots like emerging markets and China.

For a franchise that has been around for 16 years, to still pull in numbers higher than its average instalment is pretty impressive IMO, especially in this market where a lot of sequels are just killing their franchises outright. Add to the fact that it did not have its strongest players like Wolverine and the vet cast in major roles. The bad reviews affected the domestic performance, I think. It's not the ideal outcome obviously but also nowhere near the worst outcome, especially seeing how Fox had prioritised focusing on the spin-offs in the immediate future instead of the main series anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

For a franchise that has been around for 16 years, to still pull in numbers higher than its average instalment is pretty impressive IMO, especially in this market where a lot of sequels are just killing their franchises outright. Add to the fact that it did not have its strongest players like Wolverine and the vet cast in major roles. The bad reviews affected the domestic performance, I think. It's not the ideal outcome obviously but also nowhere near the worst outcome, especially seeing how Fox had prioritised focusing on the spin-offs in the immediate future instead of the main series anyway.

Definitely not the worst outcome, for sure.

Looks like a 370-380 OS and 155-160 DOM. Around 525-540 WW. Not great definitely. Not horrible either, total will be 3x the budget which is fine, DOM is gonna end close to that budget and the run in China has been good.

• Like 1

a big superhero movie doing around 500m in this day and age is really poor. Even more being a well known franchise.

The fact that a new character like Antman makes around the same money as X-Men: Apocalypse..... I just cant see how a studio would be happy with that.

33 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

Now over $100 million in China! Great news! It's a shame it hasn't done as well in other international countries like the UK, Russia, Brazil etc. Promotion was really poor for this film!

I thought the promotion was fine. The mixed reviews torpedoed it's legs in the UK and didn't it do rather well in Brazil and Russia?