kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

20 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Finding Dory won't surpass Zootopia in Russia. Might also have trouble in South Korea.

Indeed but it will pass it in Brazil and Mexico.

On a global scale they will be very close, FD will probably be slightly higher.

When I say "EVERY" country, I should have stated ALMOST every country.  It will outgross Zootopia 

in every country in both North and South America, except for maybe a tiny market like Venezuela.

The countries it will be out grossed by Zootopia OS will amount to virtually nothing.  All big European markets will be somewhat to MUCH larger gross for Nemo.

I like Zootopia better, but it's just a fact.  I'm just looking at the possibility of it not reaching 1 billion and with its domestic success 1 billion IS happening.  It can gross 110 million less OS than Zootopia and still reach 1 billion.  

Thats great if it isn't popular in your country or didn't open well, or people don't like Pixar where you live, but this IS A SEQUEL to one of the most popular animated movies in the world of all time.

• Like 1

On 21.06.2016 at 3:24 AM, Jason said:

There's about $12 million unaccounted for, so some country totals are yet to come in:

If Poland numbers are correct Dory flops hard and even lower than 2nd weekend of Angry Birds... 

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

weird. Nemo was big in Poland I thought

Pixar/Disney movies are rarely big in Eastern Europe, apart from a few movies in Russia.

Disney doesn't seem to care much about this region, only Russia, they need to invest more there when it comes to marketing, particularly in Poland.

Small and declining population along with a fast-shrinking young population could be the reason of this lack of investment in this region.

Same in Greece. Pixar movies were never big, with Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and Inside Out being noticeable exceptions. Then again, animated films as a whole were not much of a thing (other exceptions being the Ice Age and Madagascar franchises – and more recently Minions). That being said, if Finding Dory isn't a hit in Greece (>300,000 admissions) I would find that very disappointing, especially given all the positive critical and audience reception.

19 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Same in Greece. Pixar movies were never big, with Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and Inside Out being noticeable exceptions. Then again, animated films as a whole were not much of a thing (other exceptions being the Ice Age and Madagascar franchises – and more recently Minions). That being said, if Finding Dory isn't a hit in Greece (>300,000 admissions) I would find that very disappointing, especially given all the positive critical and audience reception.

If our markets are anything alike, FD will bomb:P

Dory Finds Glory at No. 1, Grosses P101.7-M in 4 Days in PH

http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/a/30172/dory-finds-glory-at-no-1-grosses-p1017-m-in-4-days-in-ph

Disney-Pixar's "Finding Dory" brought its big-hearted optimism to the Philippine box-office and swam away with P101.7-M in only four days, shattering the biggest opening weekend record for a Disney-Pixar film.  This was announced today by a spokesman of Walt Disney Studios Philippines which distributed the film.

“Dory's” four-day opening weekend figure smashed the previous record of 2015's “Inside Out” (at P97.2-M) for highest opening weekend for a title released by either Walt Disney or Pixar.  

The opening day gross (P10.3-M) of “Finding Dory” last June 16th now also holds the crown for the biggest first-day take for any Walt Disney and Pixar movie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Quigley said:

I think that's the difference. Nemo was huge back then in Greece. If it wasn't for Ice Age 2 and 3, it would still be the biggest (since 2003 – no earlier data avalable).

Greece's economy was much healthier in 2003, now it's still shrinking and its movie market really has taken a hit these last few years so we can't be sure about Dory there. Anyway this market is too small to have an impact on its WW BO, its performance in Greece is inconsequential.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Dory Finds Glory at No. 1, Grosses P101.7-M in 4 Days in PH

http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/a/30172/dory-finds-glory-at-no-1-grosses-p1017-m-in-4-days-in-ph

Disney-Pixar's "Finding Dory" brought its big-hearted optimism to the Philippine box-office and swam away with P101.7-M in only four days, shattering the biggest opening weekend record for a Disney-Pixar film.  This was announced today by a spokesman of Walt Disney Studios Philippines which distributed the film.

“Dory's” four-day opening weekend figure smashed the previous record of 2015's “Inside Out” (at P97.2-M) for highest opening weekend for a title released by either Walt Disney or Pixar.  

The opening day gross (P10.3-M) of “Finding Dory” last June 16th now also holds the crown for the biggest first-day take for any Walt Disney and Pixar movie.

Some Asian countries will love it, such as Japan and the Philippines :)

• Like 2

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not fluent for sure !^^

It's true it's a disappointment for the moment in Paris. "Le monde de Dory" is the ninth start of the year in Paris 14 hours with 2823 admissions.
But today is the first day of good weather in Paris for ages (in fact it is raining at this moment^^) and probably the public has better things to do than retreat in theaters.
A friend who works at "Cine chiffres" figures said that on Sunday the film was less than 75 000 admissions for two showings in France. The coefficent Paris / France would be important.
Many people expect "the Sunday celebration of cinema" sunday, munday and thursday to go to the cinema even if the Frech team football plays sunday at 3Pm.
I agree it will be far from 9,439,000 admissions for "Le monde de Nemo". At first I thought a score as "Minions" 6 millions admissions + Honestly it will be hard.
I do not despair of a score between 4 and 5 million entries. Time will play in favor of the film.

Edited by Renaud originel
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Renaud originel said:

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not fluent for sure !^^

It's true it's a disappointment for the moment in Paris. "Le monde de Dory" is the ninth start of the year in Paris 14 hours with 2823 admissions.
But today is the first day of good weather in Paris for ages (in fact it is raining at this moment^^) and probably the public has better things to do than retreat in theaters.
A friend who works at "Cine chiffres" figures said that on Sunday the film was less than 75 000 admissions for two showings in France. The coefficent Paris / France would be important.
Many people expect "the Sunday celebration of cinema" sunday, munday and thursday to go to the cinema even if the Frech team football plays sunday at 3Pm.
I agree it will be far from 9,439,000 admissions for "Le monde de Nemo". At first I thought a score as "Minions" 6 millions admissions + Honestly it will be hard.
I do not despair of a score between 4 and 5 million entries. Time will play in favor of the film.

Tomorrow we'll get a heating wave in Northern France so Dory could suffer, but the weekend should be fine thanks to rainy days starting on Friday.

It's way too early to predict anything about Dory in France.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Greece's economy was much healthier in 2003, now it's still shrinking and its movie market really has taken a hit these last few years so we can't be sure about Dory there. Anyway this market is too small to have an impact on its WW BO, its performance in Greece is inconsequential.

The dire state of the market did not prevent Inside Out from selling 310,000 admissions last fall. If Inside Out did it, then surely Findign Nemo can too. I agree though that impact on WW BO is inconsequential, but such are most of the minutiae being discussed on this website anyway. There's an underlying assumption that must of us are here cuz we're BO nerds.

• Like 1