kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, bambam said:

So wrong. Hasn't opened in Japan, most of Latin America, Germany, and UK. It's biggest markets. And it's outperforming Nemo in many others.

Lol, it just opened to 1/3 of Nemo in France and way under it in Spain, UK has the Brexit and Pets just opened to huge numbers there, there's no chance it matches Nemo in Germany, the ER in LA is shit. Really, it's only chance is Japan and I bet you it won't come close to Nemo's 100m+ total there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Lol, it just opened to 1/3 of Nemo in France and way under it in Spain, UK has the Brexit and Pets just opened to huge numbers there, there's no chance it matches Nemo in Germany, the ER in LA is shit. Really, it's only chance is Japan and I bet you it won't come close to Nemo's 100m+ total there.

Those are just two countries (granted, France is significant because it brought in 64M of Nemo)... and Pets opening huge in the UK just makes me believe Dory will be even bigger. Any who, we'll see in a few weeks when it rolls out to its bigger overseas markets. You're also not taking into consideration that Nemo made around 4.3M in China and Dory is already at 30.2M.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James said:

Monsters University made 90M+ in Japan...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James said:

Oh and as for the ER in LA... so far we only have Argentina to analyze, but FD's opening weekend was 94% of Nemo's entire run there. If that's any indication, it'll be massive in LA.

I guess that French figure has been affected because of today Eurocup match (3pm local time), but it is still disappointing comparing with Nemo.

Relative to Spain, yes, it has opened lower than Nemo, but I trust in great legs like other Summer Pixar releases. Inside Out had a x7.5 multiplier. Monsters University had a x5.6 factor, Brave a x6 multiplier and Toy Story 3 a x6.36 factor (from the 3-day OW. It had OW 5-day opening, like Dory has had). Let's wait and see. I would not say if it is a disappointment or not yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yes, and Finding Dory might do just the same.

If that's the case that is more than "won't come close" to Nemo's 102M. If fact, it wouldn't be bad if it just does 90M in Japan, I think it'll do more though.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, La Gazzetta Disney said:

That's not stupid at all! With the summer weather Italians prefer being out in the sun! That's pretty normal and also intelligent! The huge success of Inside Out in Italy proves it! September is the perfect month! 

No! The ticket price is very high and The many Cinema sucks 

I think the 1B WW chances are definitely there thanks to Japan and other countries.

But I personally don't think Dory will challenge Frozen's 1.2 B WW. Though I would love to see an animated movie un-seat it just for the fun of it! I love Frozen but I like surprises too. Maybe Incredibles 2 can or maybe Despicable Me 3 if China helps it this time around. Definitely Zootopia 2 (if it happens) will unseat Frozen.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

1B WW should still happen, but it's undeniable that the film's overseas run so far has been very disappointing. Barely beating Monsters University in China, average numbers in many European markets. Most predictions were in the 700/900M range, and it's not locked to reach 500.

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

1B WW should still happen, but it's undeniable that the film's overseas run so far has been very disappointing. Barely beating Monsters University in China, average numbers in many European markets. Most predictions were in the 700/900M range, and it's not locked to reach 500.

People in Europe & all over the world are still stressed, shocked, shaken & depressed over Brexit. They couldn't care less about an amnesiac fish.

Americans are :mellow: when it comes to Brexit.

Lol.  500 is locked!!

Monsters Universities 90 million is THE REASON to be excited about Dorys Japan run.

That was a VERY mediocre sequel to a much loved Pixar Classic in Japan.

FN is even more beloved in Japan and Dory is a notch above MU in quality.

Also, as I said before, Dory will be Much bigger in Latin America than Zootopia.

Domestic and Australia foretell of Dorys UK run.  Will be way above Zootopia.  Germany will be VERY strong as well.

No chance whatsoever 500 isn't happening.

Zero!!!!

Edited by Planodisney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Planodisney said:

Lol.  500 is locked!!

Monsters Universities 90 million is THE READON to be excited about Dorys Japan run.

FN is even more beloved in Japan and Fory is a notch above MU.

Also, as I said before, Dory will be Much bigger in Latin America than Zootopia.

Domestic and Australia foretell of Dorys UK run.  Will be way above Zootopia.  Germany will be VERY strong as well.

Zero!!!!

Yea but why France number is so depressing??

3 minutes ago, zackzack said:

A few likely reasons:

Brexit Depression affecting EU Countries, such as france

Recent severe flooding

Euro football games

The likelihood is that Dory will have better legs than a typical animation film due to the above reasons calming down over time. So overall, it may still make a decent number in France, just not a huge opening.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Main reason is Euro 2016 (Disney was reeeeeallly stupid picking the month of June for the French release of the film during the Eurocup held in France). Then, worst floods in years, and the monetary effect of the Brexit.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

23 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

Lol.  500 is locked!!

Monsters Universities 90 million is THE REASON to be excited about Dorys Japan run.

FN is even more beloved in Japan and Dory is a notch above MU in quality.

Zero!!!!

I still think this can challenge even Minions worldwide, even if it falls short, I think over TS3/Zootopia should be no problem. I've came to accept that this won't likely outgross Frozen WW though, which is fine of course because Frozen very much deserved to be there. Much weaker exchange rates, sport events, recent development in UK etc.. too much potential negatives on its OS run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MinaTakla said:

I think the 1B WW chances are definitely there thanks to Japan and other countries.

But I personally don't think Dory will challenge Frozen's 1.2 B WW. Though I would love to see an animated movie un-seat it just for the fun of it! I love Frozen but I like surprises too. Maybe Incredibles 2 can or maybe Despicable Me 3 if China helps it this time around. Definitely Zootopia 2 (if it happens) will unseat Frozen.

You know, as big of a Zootopia fan, it seems a bit too optimistic to assume that a sequel can easily pass $1.2B worldwide. Unless it does something crazy like $800 million in China alone. But it's not going to happen until 2021 at the earliest anyways.

Toy Story 3 Grossed 422 million

in the markets Dory has yet to open in.  Except the UK and Japan it didn't have great results in the other markets.

BREXIT just happened in UK and Pets still had a great weekend.

Dory will do great there just like its domestic and Australian run are doing.

Its going to take a unique situation for an animated film to top Frozen.

Not going to be easy.

Dory still has a lot of money to make in the OS markets it just opened in and should be good for 400-460 in markets it hasn't opened yet.

500+ OS IS happening.

• Like 1