kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

It's not just that the GBP and Euro are falling right now, it's that the USD is rising against almost all currencies as investors move their money into "safe haven" US securities, especially treasury bills.

Once the dust settles a little bit next week I'll do up a table showing how much the US dollar has risen against other currencies. Too much volatility right now.

I saw something curious on IMDB : Dory on July 6 in Saudi Arabia! Isn't that weird? It's usually a closed market.

That would be really helpful for the global BO if this rich market, with its 30 million inhabitants and young population, could open to foreign films...Animated movies would probably be the real winners.

12 hours ago, Quigley said:

To be honest, Zootopia was already fighting an uphill battle. ERs were extremely unfavorable. Now it's just even worse.

Yes, but there are some lights too : Dory will benefit from a clearly better exchange rate in Brazil and the yen started to rise sharply so if the trend holds Japan will look very promising :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I saw something curious on IMDB : Dory on July 6 in Saudi Arabia! Isn't that weird? It's usually a closed market.

That would be really helpful for the global BO if this rich market, with its 30 million inhabitants and young population, could open to foreign films...Animated movies would probably be the real winners.

Hey Fullbuster, since I am in the region I can tell you that this must be a mistake.

Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia prevents cinema and moviegoing and there are no theatres in the country.

Dory was released in the UAE 2 weeks ago and will release in other Arab countries in 2 weeks

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Hey Fullbuster, since I am in the region I can tell you that this must be a mistake.

Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia prevents cinema and moviegoing and there are no theatres in the country.

Dory was released in the UAE 2 weeks ago and will release in other Arab countries in 2 weeks

That's what I thought :lol:

6 minutes ago, Korean said:

July 7

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

Not to mention how much the Pound and Euro have tanked.

Euro has the same value relative to Dollar than in March... And relative to Pound, I guess that if Dory was supposed to make, let's say, $60m, even with a Pound a 15-20% lower, it would mean about 8-12 million lower for OS figures. Nothing disastrous... If Japan rules, I do not see how Dory can not outgross Zootopia. It needs a bit more than Inside Out OS figures, taking into account that Dory is outgrossing Zootopia in US by, probably 130-140m.

• Like 3