kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

MOTHER! trailer creeped me out but I'm still not entirely sure I know anything about it

I do know that at one point Jennifer Lawrence screams out "Mother!!!!" That's about it. (But I like that!)

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

20 bucks it's Only the Brave.

Most likely. Universal won't move The Snowman up since they already have Happy Death Day set for that weekend and WB probably doesn't want Blade Runner and Geostorm opening on consecutive weekends.

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Releasing it between It and Kingsman is risky, the previous October date was fine.

October, Friday the 13th was a great date. The only thing I can think is that in line with their $13M budget, they are going to use the festivals as a nice chunk of their promo tour - that and talk shows, which are cheap.

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

MOTHER! trailer creeped me out but I'm still not entirely sure I know anything about it

I do know that at one point Jennifer Lawrence screams out "Mother!!!!" That's about it. (But I like that!)

I think he's messing with us.

On the bright side, if the festivals are viewed as a primary promo tour spot, it probably means Jen and Pfeiffer et al will be at the festivals, which I would like to see!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

I have nothing against the new release date BUT...

What is Paramount thinking?

What's up with all this secrecy for a movie now coming out in LESS than 2 months?

When will their marketing campaign finally start?

The teaser trailer that is playing now in selected has to be released online next week and next month release a FULL 2:30 min trailer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

I have nothing against the new release date BUT...

What is Paramount thinking?

What's up with all this secrecy for a movie now coming out in LESS than 2 months?

When will their marketing campaign finally start?

The teaser trailer that is playing now in selected has to be released online next week and next month release a FULL 2:30 min trailer.

Perhaps Aronofsky has made a really weird and inaccessible movie that they're not sure how to market even with JLaw front and center.

Is this still the modest budget flick for Paramount? If so they might make a profitable flick. There's a lot of cons surrounding this film all around as you got IT a week earlier, and adult films coming out in September 22nd/29th and forward. 

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Is this still the modest budget flick for Paramount? If so they might make a profitable flick. There's a lot of cons surrounding this film all around as you got IT a week earlier, and adult films coming out in September 22nd/29th and forward. 

The budget's only $13M. Even if this proves to be another The Fountain from Aronofsky (which sounds likely), no one's gonna be seeing red ink.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Its budget is 13M

On 7/21/2017 at 1:52 AM, italianyaki said:

I don't think Darren or J.Law will be capable of coming back from this disastrous movie. Sad.

LOL 

Jlaw's career "survived" Passengers, Last House on the Street (or whatever the name is), and Serena.

She'll be fine if this flops. I am sure she still is the # 1 choice for casting agents whenever a studio wants a female draw in her age range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

LOL 

Jlaw's career "survived" Passengers, Last House on the Street (or whatever the name is), and Serena.

She'll be fine if this flops. I am sure she still is the # 1 choice for casting agents whenever a studio wants a female draw in her age range.

LMAO I forgot Serena existed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Where in the hell is the trailer?

They're keeping this shrouded in mystery for as long as they can. Will be interesting to see if it all pays off or backfires big time, especially when the film apparently isn't going to the festivals in the two weeks before opening either.

• Like 1

Watching people overreact to every rumour regardiing this film justifies this film's existence as much as anything. It is actually fun to watch. Just a theory but is it possible that Jlaw does not care about awards, just doing movies that interest her? She already won a best actress Oscar at 22. Maybe doing an odd or quirky film it what she is interested in.  Maybe while everyone else is trying to place her film's in an awards category she does not really care as much.   

• Like 1