WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Idk if Jobs will be #1 next week. The GA might be expecting a conventional birth-to-death biopic, not a chattery filmed play set during 3 key product launches. 

~

PAN earned an estimated $1.67M on Friday. Domestic total is now $21.55M. #Pan

THE INTERN earned an estimated $1.705M on Friday. Domestic total is now $55.03M. #TheIntern

Edited by Boogie Nights

When the hell is The Last Witch Hunter supposed to take place? Like all over the ads they have Vin looking clean shaven in what looks like a modern day setting, and then on the poster outside this premium theater at the shopping center close by it shows him all bearded up in period clothing sitting on the throne of what looks like a rejected set from Game of Thrones. And yet I can't even be moved to care. Gonna guess audiences at large feel the same way.

Edited by filmlover

1. PAN earned an estimated $1.67M on Friday. Domestic total is now $21.55M. #Pan

1 retweet0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

THE INTERN earned an estimated $1.705M on Friday. Domestic total is now $55.03M. #TheIntern

4 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

THE MARTIAN earned an estimated $6.325M on Friday. Domestic total is now $128.6M. #TheMartian

Idk if Jobs will be #1 next week. The GA might be expecting a conventional birth-to-death biopic, not a chattery filmed play set during 3 key product launches. 

It really shouldn't be difficult given that the other movies opening all scream "studio dump."

Edited by filmlover

Now watch, Witch Hunter will bomb in the US but do gangbusters in Portugal. 

Oh, it will do big business on OW here. The 2nd weekend drop is gonna be glorious, tho (Spectre, his power). 

Are you stanning for this ironically or is this for real? 

Stanning for this ironically. It is looks like a massive piece of shit. The final trailer has scenes with such a bad CGI I don't even know what is happening. It is gonna be glorious garbage. 

• Like 2

When the hell is The Last Witch Hunter supposed to take place? Like all over the ads they have Vin looking clean shaven in what looks like a modern day setting, and then on the poster outside this premium theater at the shopping center close by it shows him all bearded up in period clothing sitting on the throne of what looks like a rejected set from Game of Thrones. And yet I can't even be moved to care. Gonna guess audiences at large feel the same way.

I vaguely remember from the trailer that Vin's character is immortal and his centuries (millennia?) of hunting witches is what's made him so skilled at it. So his character was rocking a beard hundreds of years ago but the story mostly takes place in present day.

It really shouldn't be difficult given that the other movies opening all scream "studio dump."

Jem and the Holograms certainly fits that description.  Ever since that awful first trailer, it has drawn comparisons to Fantastic Four, and I'm looking forward to seeing if there will be the similar type of review reactions for Jem that the Josh Trank Fantastic Four movie got.  The reactions to the new movies (I technically don't consider Steve Jobs a new release) next weekend will be more entertaining to see than the movie themselves.  "Which one of these new movies will perform the worst?" is a fair question to ask.   The Goosebumps hold next weekend will be fine when compared to the new movies.  At least Goosebumps has familiar stuff from the books and TV show, but Jem is so far removed from its 1980s source cartoon it's hard to even recognize the connection.

I can see Steve Jobs hitting 30M OW; Marketing is extremely good

Universal is really trying to make people forget they are releasing Jem and the Holograms next week, aren't they?   That would have been the Universal release everyone would be talking about had they not shifted the expansion dates around for Steve Jobs.

Universal Studios Entertainment has just moved Pitch Perfect 3 to August 4, 2017, saying Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim 2, which previously held that date, "will be redated at a later time". Universal also said they "are committed to having PACIFIC RIM 2, the sequel to 2013’s PACIFIC RIM, which generated more $411 million at the global box office, be the vanguard, fully-immersive experience that the franchise deserves. To this end, the decision was made to delay the production and release of PACIFIC RIM 2 so that the creative team can continue in its efforts to exceed the amazing experience of the first film."

• Like 1