WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

WB / DC actually has about as much artistic integrity as Marvel, really, as much as they claim otherwise.

There really isn't enough evidence to tell either way. Until we start seeing the non-Snyder films it's all conjecture.

There really isn't enough evidence to tell either way. Until we start seeing the non-Snyder films it's all conjecture.

Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not much different. WB is a major film studio, they're not in the habit of making every single directors visions come to life, at least not right now.

Edited by FancyArcher

Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not much different. WB is a major film studio, they're not in the habit of making every single directors visions come to life, at least not right now.

WB's historically been pretty favorable to director vision. Especially compared to Disney.

Now watch, Witch Hunter will bomb in the US but do gangbusters in Portugal. 

And Russia. No matter how bad and cheesy a fantasy film..or anthing with swords is, it does well in Russia. It's the only country where "Seventh Son" did decent business.

Yes, but with their recent flops, I could see them becoming less lenient.

I don't see why you would get a guy like David Ayers if you're not gonna let him make his movie.

Maybe that's just me blindly hoping they do, I don't know.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

CP is doing exactly the numbers it was projected to do. It only cost 55 Million....a low budget by today's standards...and Del Toro has enough of a following world wide so that Legendary (the film was totally finainced by Legendary;Universal is releasing it but declined to fund it) will get it's money back and likely make a modest profit.

Fact is Del Toro is a niche filmmaker who punched above his weight with "Pan's Laybrinth". He had his chance at a huge budget blockbuster with Pacific Rim and it did not work out at the box office. He can get his lower budget projects funded, but studios shy away from his big budget projects. And Del Toro is unrealistic in some of his demands. as with "At The Mountains Of Madness". No studio is going to fund a 200 Million dollar R rated horror movie. Even Lengendary, which has close relationship with Del Toro, is  declining that gamble.

And, btw, althought the Hellboy movies were fun, they are in the same universe as "Pan's Labyrinth", easily Del Toro's best work.