Gopher

Yaaaay 2005!

I caught the last 40ish minutes of Black Swan last night on HBO and it reminded just how good it really is. I saw it 3 times in theaters and when I first bought the blu ray, but I hadn't revisited it since mid last year.

Blu-Ray worthy for me means either or both of two things: the movie is the best of the best, or I at least know I'll be watching it many more times. Most recent Blu-Ray buys were Anchorman, 50/50, Once and Moneyball.

I think for me the most important aspect to determine Blu-Ray worthiness is whether or not the film will hold up on repeat viewings rather than being a "you should watch this for so and so's performance/set-piece/visuals etc." after all, you realize once you've seen or own enough films, there's not enough time to revisit films that don't hold up. Who wants to sit through something again just to say, "Well, I guess I enjoyed that."

I've got a problem, I feel a need to keep buying blu-rays, I do have a criteria in that I have to like them but it's not like how I used to be with buying DVD's, where I'd only buy DVD's that I'd end up rewatching 40 times. Now I have a bunch of blu's I haven't even watched yet.

Same here. If I liked the movie in theaters, I usually end up buying it and not watching it for months/a year. Lately I've tried to limit myself to only stuff I know I'll watch over and over.
  • Like 1

1. Inception2. The Town3. The Fighter4. The Karate Kid5. Unstoppable6. Iron Man 27. 127 Hours8. Toy Story 39. How To Train Your Dragon10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 111. Tron Legacy12. The Book Of Eli13. The Social Network14. The Other Guys15. Megamind

Edited by bigm10

2010.1.Inception2.How to Train Your Dragon3.The King's Speech4.Tangled5.Tron Legacy6.Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time7.Despicable Me8.Iron Man 29.The Voyage of the Dawn Treader10.Alice In Wonderland11.Eclipse12.Temple Granden (TV movie does that count?)13.True Grit14.Gulliver's Travels15.To Save A life

Edited by Kalo21

1. Toy Story 32. 127 Hours3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 14. Inception5. Black Swan6. Tangled7. The King's Speech8. How to Train Your Dragon9. Robin Hood10. Megamind11. Easy A12. Despicable Me 13. Red14. Eclipse15. Iron Man 2

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 12. Tangled3. Let Me In4. How To Train Your Dragon5. The Kids Are All Right6. The Social Network7. Easy A8. Shutter Island9. Inception10. Black Swan11. Kick Ass12. The Other Guys13. Toy Story 314. Blue Valentine15. Never Let Me GoThose are the best. I'm watching The Kids Are All Right now.

Edited by Noctis

Time for 2009. I got enough responses for 2010 that I'll keep doing this and collect BOT's list of favorite films.I'll start-1. A Serious Man 2. Inglourious Basterds 3. Up in the Air 4. Fantastic Mr. Fox 5. The Hurt Locker 6. Up 7. A Single Man 8. Where the Wild Things Are 9. In the Loop 10. District 9 11. Black Dynamite 12. (500) Days of Summer 13. Star Trek 14. Watchmen 15. Moon This was a great year...