kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

Looks like this was the studio's dump week for the fall.

For Jem and RTK,yeah, they are being dumped. FOr TLWH and Paranomal Whatever,I think the studios had low expectations,but the weekend before Halloween is the natural opening weekend.

Wow, talk about a franchise being a shell of its former self. The other 4 sequels all grossed between 18-52m on OW, but now we're calling a potential 10m OW good. Yikes, what a weekend.

They had a decent run.

Looks like audience have limit of how many horror movies they'll support in a series.

People got tired of Saw also.

• Like 1

I am one of those who think that the Chronciles of Riddick made a huge mistake in taking what was a cool,fun,"hard" sci fi adventure, with Ptich Black,and try to turn it into a freaking "Lord Of the RIngs" clone.

They returned to the Pitch Black formula with Riddick and it went nowhere.

• Like 1

I went on Netflix last night and pleased to see it, until I remembered I have it on blu ray :(

Just finished it. Not my favorite of the year or anything but it is pretty good. The ending let me down a little bit but the rest of the movie was great suspense and throught-provoking.

Wow, talk about a franchise being a shell of its former self. The other 4 sequels all grossed between 18-52m on OW, but now we're calling a potential 10m OW good. Yikes, what a weekend.

Well, the others movies of the franchise didn't have problems with the release, if it had a normal release, it probably would be opening in the same range of the previous movies.....

• Like 1

Well, the others movies of the franchise didn't have problems with the release, if it had a normal release, it probably would be opening in the same range of the previous movies.....

Or maybe the studio gave it a smaller release because they had little confidence in it.

• Like 1

I have to wonder where the Bond series is going to go after Spectre.

Are they going to change the formula and tone or recast Bond?

Idris Elba ftw.

Edit - If that happened, it'd be the first Bond movie Mrs Wrath ever actually wanted to watch.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

In all seriousness, how long do you think Vin can go with the Furious franchise? At what point will people stop caring?

I think he can go 2 more movies before diminishing returns kick in big time. Furious 8 will do well just on the goodwill from Furious 7, and then one last movie bringing everyone back, Luke Evans, Jason Statham, whoever the villain of 8 will be, The Rock, Kurt Russell, Lucas Black, Eva Mendes, basically the kitchen sink approach for a huge finale to the overall storyline. Maybe even make it a two parter.

• Like 1