Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I still find is fascinating that the theatre I go to still hasn't sold out this movie yet for something expected to get 20-40M in Previews.. It really is unusual which means this movie is most likely being over predicted...

:rolleyes: wow what is this. Is this now the 1000 time you have said that. We heard you the first 999 times. I bet all the best seats have been taken nobody wanna sit on the front row anyway for such a movie. And i have seen many shots of theaters with them almost sold out and i have seen sold out as well. The only unusual thing is you reporting this for the 1000 time while others have said its selling well.

• Like 1

BKBizzle..I understand you're upset, but..why not embrace the worlds most badass super hero finally facing off against fucking superman??

Take Avengers..there is (at the time) B list here Iron man...fr'esh off his less than beloved shitty sequel IRON MAN 2 - and his D list buddies with their own film - which range from OK to SHIT such as Captain Merica and Hulk and Thor...

if b lister Iron man and his d list friends - all fresh off shit movies - can be do $200m OW in 2012 dollars..batman and superman have 250m on lock down..no doubt..

:batey:

10 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I still find is fascinating that the theatre I go to still hasn't sold out this movie yet for something expected to get 20-40M in Previews.. It really is unusual which means this movie is most likely being over predicted...

wasn't you who was expecting a total above $600m for Ultron? why the fuck you're talking about movies being overpredicted?

13 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It's still two weeks away, my theater didn't sell out for TFA until about a week before it was released and is anyone really predicting BvS to opening to anything close to TFA

And is anyone with any credibility really predicting this will hit $600m+?

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well, as a comparison, The AVENGERS back in 2012 Sold Out immediately when they went on sale propelling it to the staggering amount it made.. Considering this is WB's Version of The AVENGERS with 3 of it's Most Iconic Heroes together on 1 screen should be eliciting the same thing and it's not, which makes me wonder if this really is being overpredicted, even compared to TDKR OW???

ULTRON did 10m+ more in previews than AVENGERS did, and it didn't sell out any faster than BVS is doing at this point in time. In fact, aside from overseas in certain high-profile IMAX theaters with high demand, essentially no movie sells out lots of showtimes weeks and weeks from release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

In 2012, The AVENGERS sold unusually fast at the theatre I've listed and even considering this against ULTRON'S Previews, it's just not selling as well in my area.. Perhaps it's more of a walkup movie the night of??? All I know, is I've gone to the AMC website as well in our area and it's the same way.. Weird how this would be selling so well on the West Coast and looking like it's a blip on the Radar on the East Coast.. West Coast loves DC Characters more I suppose??

It's not a west coast vs. east coast thing, it's probably regional. Every metropolitan area will be a little different. And various movies go on sale at different times -- out here, for example, I'm pretty sure AVENGERS tickets weren't being sold over a month away from release.

For that matter, to get an accurate sense of St. Louis, you should look at a majority of theaters. Again, using LA as an example, even for STAR WARS, there were theaters that sold very few tickets before release. No sellouts, not a lot of showtimes. And yet relatively near by there were theaters that were selling out shows almost as fast as they added them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well, as a comparison, The AVENGERS back in 2012 Sold Out immediately when they went on sale propelling it to the staggering amount it made.. Considering this is WB's Version of The AVENGERS with 3 of it's Most Iconic Heroes together on 1 screen should be eliciting the same thing and it's not, which makes me wonder if this really is being overpredicted, even compared to TDKR OW???

Avengers was coming off the excellently recieved Iron Man, and while the first Thor and Captain America weren't quite as loved, the portrayal of both characters were for the most part praised by critics and fans, and were imo generally more liked than Man of Steel (at the least there was a lot more middle ground on views of those films), and there was years of buildup and 5 films beforehand leading to it. not to mention they had Disney backing up their marketing, arguably the best marketing studio in business today. MoS had lukewarm reception and what's worse that many superman fans felt it was not faithful to the character of Superman. and yes there were some fans who absolutely loved the film a decent amount but not enough for everyone to come back. that is enough to hold it back from Avengers levels imo, even in a best case scenario topping AOU would be a major triumph imo.

That being said what WB has done with the marketing so far has been pretty impressive, and putting Wonder Woman in the marketing and focusing on Batman really helps. they have really made this feel like an "event film" but time will tell if this lives up to it's premise or is just a huge marketing ploy with little pay off. basically they have already set this up for a successful OW. but wom and critically reaction is going to play a big part in how successful this really end up being, which because of new writers brought in, and the pressure for this to be a good movie. my overall feel of the film I think it will be recieved at least slightly better than MoS. but still have a somewhat diffusive audience opinion. resulting in a solid but not out of this world box office somewhere in the $385-$425m range. (and $800-$1.2b ww) which I think would be enough to please the studio.

I really hope they will fire Zack Snyder because I feel he doesn't have a clue about what the real essence of Superman is supposed to be. but I think that's pretty unlikely at this point, at least for JL1. 

Edited by Kalo

22 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Avengers was coming off the excellently recieved Iron Man, and while the first Thor and Captain America weren't quite as loved, the portrayal of both characters were for the most part praised by critics and fans, and were imo generally more liked than Man of Steel (at the least there was a lot more middle ground on views of those films), and there was years of buildup and 5 films beforehand leading to it. not to mention they had Disney backing up their marketing, arguably the best marketing studio in business today. MoS had lukewarm reception and what's worse that many superman fans felt it was not faithful to the character of Superman. and yes there were some fans who absolutely loved the film a decent amount but not enough for everyone to come back. that is enough to hold it back from Avengers levels imo, even in a best case scenario topping AOU would be a major triumph imo.

That being said what WB has done with the marketing so far has been pretty impressive, and putting Wonder Woman in the marketing and focusing on Batman really helps. they have really made this feel like an "event film" but time will tell if this lives up to it's premise or is just a huge marketing ploy with little pay off. basically they have already set this up for a successful OW. but wom and critically reaction is going to play a big part in how successful this really end up being, which because of new writers brought in, and the pressure for this to be a good movie. my overall feel of the film I think it will be recieved at least slightly better than MoS. but still have a somewhat diffusive audience opinion. resulting in a solid but not out of this world box office somewhere in the $385-$425m range. (and $800-$1b ww) which I think would be enough to please the studio.

I really hope they will fire Zack Snyder because I feel he doesn't have a clue about what the real essence of Superman is supposed to be. but I think that's pretty unlikely at this point, at least for JL1. 

You underestimate worldwide if it does 400 dom it will easily clear a billion WW

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

You underestimate worldwide if it does 400 dom it will easily clear a billion WW

Okay maybe $1.2b. DC films do not have as good of track record overseas as marvel do though. TDK only had a 48% OS share, TDKR 58% and MoS 56%. 

I went to cinema yesterday and watched the trailer of both movies, it's incredible the difference between them, first, went BVS, and set fire to the room, incredibly excitant, with an amazing visual, and most important: fresh, everything about it looked SO epic, we could feel the excitment in the room, then, in the sequence came CW, I could feel the excitment dying, I even heard a person saying: "oh, another Avengers movie?", everything about it looks so generic as possible, and what can I say about the visual? Why the hell it is so grey? Dead? It seems like a movie made for TV, I had faith that Marvel could do something better after Ultron, but it seems that CW will be just an extended version of this shit, I feel like I'm back to 2012, but, this time, it's DC who's bringing the novelty to the town

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I went to cinema yesterday and watched the trailer of both movies, it's incredible the difference between them, first, went BVS, and set fire to the room, incredibly excitant, with an amazing visual, and most important: fresh, everything about it looked SO epic, we could feel the excitment in the room, then, in the sequence came CW, I could feel the excitment dying, I even heard a person saying: "oh, another Avengers movie?", everything about it looks so generic as possible, and what can I say about the visual? Why the hell it is so grey? Dead? It seems like a movie made for TV, I had faith that Marvel could do something better after Ultron, but it seems that CW will be just an extended version of this shit, I feel like I'm back to 2012, but, this time, it's DC who's bringing the novelty to the town

Did you like MoS Raphael? 

• Like 1