Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

Wonder Woman, too. New origin seems to be doing away with the "daughter of Zeus" thing that came out in Azarello's run.

(Didn't New52 Batman die, tho? I haven't read all of Snyder's run, but I seem to remember that being a thing, which is why Gordon ended up wearing the Bat Mecha Suit.)

Is it establishing a new status quo in an effort to provide a jumping on point for readers? If so, it's a reboot. 

It's the same Diana, though. Origins get changed all the time, doesn't really mean it's a reboot. And Geoff Johns commented that Rebirth as a WHOLE wasn't a reboot.

New 52 Batman didn't die. He was rejuvenated, IIRC. His origin is still the same.

3 hours ago, lupinw45 said:

The only one I can think of is Superman, since they killed off DCnU Superman. What I meant is that it's not a company wide reboot on the scale of COIE.

DC has very rarely done those kind of reboots. (even New 52 wasn't that kind of reboot). But it's certainly a soft reboot, with minor changes to characters seen across the board. Including the re-inclusion of Wally which drastically changes both the Flash and Titans series. The change in Green Arrow, Aquaman. While it's pretty easy to see this as a continuation, it's definitely different than what came before. 

Also, Personal opinion, but the new Super Woman title was terrible. but that was the only bad Rebirth book I read

2 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Image result for CHRIS EVANS TEARING UP SUICIDE SQUAD  GIF

Who cares?? Who the fuck buys comics anymore in 2016??? This is reaching cause they know MARVEL beats the dogshit out of DC movies any day of the week and then some, so they have to cling on to something and the comics are it cause they're sure not cutting it with their movies..

5425227-go4swtt.gif

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

(Didn't New52 Batman die, tho? I haven't read all of Snyder's run, but I seem to remember that being a thing, which is why Gordon ended up wearing the Bat Mecha Suit.)

He returned (with amnesia) in the New 52. Also regained his memories just before Rebirth hit.

On 9/14/2016 at 8:14 PM, Walt Disney said:

I guess you missed it when Catwoman and Elektra both tanked at the box office. No one really wanted to invest in female superhero movies after that. And if Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel tank, studios will once again not want to invest in female superhero films.

Yep, it's just about money like most things in Hollywood.   And they aren't wrong to try to make money either.  They are in the business of making movies people want to see.   If the public doesn't buy tickets to female SH movies, it's pretty dumb to call the studios "sexist".   I hope the WW and CM movies do well myself, but I'm not going to be surprised if they don't.

I think the SJWs are fighting against biology personally.   The human race has two genders and they have biological traits and roles just like countless other species on this planet.   We aren't any more special than other species no matter how loud some express "outrage".

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Yep, it's just about money like most things in Hollywood.   And they aren't wrong to try to make money either.  They are in the business of making movies people want to see.   If the public doesn't buy tickets to female SH movies, it's pretty dumb to call the studios "sexist".   I hope the WW and CM movies do well myself, but I'm not going to be surprised if they don't.

I think the SJWs are fighting against biology personally.   The human race has two genders and they have biological traits and roles just like countless other species on this planet.   We aren't any more special than other species no matter how loud some express "outrage".

The whole 'there are more than two genders' bullshit is another example of them fighting against biology.

8 hours ago, RandomJC said:

DC has very rarely done those kind of reboots. (even New 52 wasn't that kind of reboot). But it's certainly a soft reboot, with minor changes to characters seen across the board. Including the re-inclusion of Wally which drastically changes both the Flash and Titans series. The change in Green Arrow, Aquaman. While it's pretty easy to see this as a continuation, it's definitely different than what came before. 

Also, Personal opinion, but the new Super Woman title was terrible. but that was the only bad Rebirth book I read

Things are always different, though. But as a whole it's still the same old same old.

2 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

What are you talking about? Because we have plenty of examples of women kicking ass in comics, movies, books and video games and being extremely successful.

The second Hunger Games film made more money than any solo Marvel while male superhero movie at the domestic box office. Harley Quinn was the best selling comic book last month.

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What are you talking about? Because we have plenty of examples of women kicking ass in comics, movies, books and video games and being extremely successful.

The second Hunger Games film made more money than any solo Marvel while male superhero movie at the domestic box office. Harley Quinn was the best selling comic book last month.

Don't even bothermaking sense lol