Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I'd say there is nothing excellent about this article , a reboot? Starting over? That's the worst thing WB can do right now. No matter if people want to believe it or not, these movies have created a new fan-base , got a following from a huge part of the old fan base while angering a smaller part of it , and others who are not fans and will generally forget what they saw a couple of months later till some other DCEU movie trailer interest them.

In general, all WB have to do is to give time for a real good script to develop and have solid main plot points + make sure the movie is structured well and coherent ( they should keep their hands out of the editing room and leave the poor editor to his work! )

Most of the cast is widely accepted and some have been the best in their respective roles. The only exception being Lex Luthor , and I have a feeling that will change, not by changing the actor but by changing how he's interrupting the character.

rebooting now will alienate all the current fan-base , which is huge. Big big mistake.

I haven't been that impressed with any of the actors to be honest. not that they were given much to work with, and they are certainly one of the better parts of the movies (except for like Jared Leto, Henry Cavill and Jesse Eisenberg) but they are all very replaceable imo, becuase I'm not atached to any of them becuase I feel I don't really know them yet. of course they aren't going to reboot, not yet anyways, but I don't know why we should assume their movies are magically going to get better, unless they switch studios, which won't happen. I believe this is a corporate issue that goes all the way to the top, and if they make a good film it will be because they let a good script in and got a good directed and didn't metal with it. And it doesn't mean all their future films with suddenly be good either.

I like that article because it states WB tends to copy themselves and never tries anything new, Nolan's Batman worked really well, so they tried to copy that tone with Superman. and we got Man of Steel. These are vastly different characters and they need to be handled independently.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RandomJC said:

My memories pretty shit, but wasn't LOTR supposed to be 1 long book that the publishers forced Tolkien to break into three?

And if you think any of those books are long, wow. Dense and boring yes. (Yes, boring is just my opinion) Long, no.

Yes Tolkien originally intended for it to be one long book, and they wanted him to split it into three, so he did. probably why it is so well connected.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kalo said:

I haven't been that impressed with any of the actors to be honest. not that they were given much to work with, and they are certainly one of the better parts of the movies (except for like Jared Leto, Henry Cavill and Jesse Eisenberg) but they are all very replaceable imo, becuase I'm not atached to any of them becuase I feel I don't really know them yet. of course they aren't going to reboot, not yet anyways, but I don't know why we should assume their movies are magically going to get better, unless they switch studios, which won't happen. I believe this is a corporate issue that goes all the way to the top, and if they make a good film it will be because they let a good script in and got a good directed and didn't metal with it. And it doesn't mean all their future films with suddenly be good either.

I like that article because it states WB tends to copy themselves and never tries anything new, Nolan's Batman worked really well, so they tried to copy that tone with Superman. and we got Man of Steel. These are vastly different characters and they need to be handled independently.

There is nothing to be impressed with in this article because it just restated some things that everyone already noticed and then just gave the most ridiculous and stupid solution to supposedly solve it. On this forum alone we talked a million times about WB's tendency to try and replicate it's success , it's old news.

I have no problem with a superman movie that's a little dark. It's not the tone that I did not like in MOS it's how they focused on the suffering and ignored or just completely erased the good things in Clark's life. WB/Snyder were listening to people going on about " Superman is boring , he's perfect , everything in his life is perfect ...ect " they wanted to show them that's not the case. Which is great! BUT they shouldn't have overlooked some components in superman's character in favor of  the ones that will make superman "cooler". The balance is what would have made MOS the best superman movie to date. Sadly , it wasn't balanced. The relationship with his parents, his friendship with pete , the death of his father are all things that could have been presented in a much better way while still keep the other hardships Clark went through growing up. The balance , that's what's MOS is missing.

As for the actors , they have their own fan-base , you might think they are replaceable but many would disagree. Affleck is the best batman to date for me, , no question ( even though I loved the Nolan trilogy but I was never a fan of christian's batman (even though he's a phenomenal actor) . Henry CAN be the best superman to date ( I say that while still being a huge Christopher reeves fan , but that was campy superman, a different era ) and I believe he will in the coming movies. Wonder woman had a great debut in BvS, and people went crazy about her.I think the solo movie will cement if she can hold her own in a full movie,I can see the great potential. Leto's joker is still out there , people are judging him too early,we barely saw him. The only casting that I had a real problem with was Jesse and even that can be fixed. 

rebooting the universe is not the answer at all. And yes! I can expect better movies in the future. Just because they played with the movies here and there and stumbled at the beginning doesn't mean at all they will keep doing that. Specially with new people in charge and real efforts to bring talents on board. WB have made Oscar wining movies many times. I don't see why I wouldn't expect them to do better in the future.

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 2

Hollywood Franchise Fever: A Studio-By-Studio Update on the Latest Developments

From 'Star Wars: Rogue One' to Marvel's Diverse Standalones — not to mention the Potterverse — reshoots, casting and the hunt for new directors is underway.

There were plenty of box office woes  and a few wins  this summer, but now that Labor Day has come and gone it's time to take a look at what shape the studios' biggest franchises are in.

Over the past three months, every studio made some critical casting choices for their respective franchises. And some, like Lucasfilm's Rogue One, which underwent reshoots, got a buff and polish. What will it all mean moving forward?

Nothing really new, just a summary and context.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-franchise-fever-a-studio-926040

11 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Marvel has that phrase trademarked. :mellow:

11 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

IMO The force awakens is the definition of  "How to get away with mediocrity using nostalgia" :ph34r:

tumblr_inline_ngjmh4B9751sj4qvu.gif

("How to ruin a pun")

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Message to my bros !

Show us your Spotify playlists, could be an inspiration for Visionnary director David Ayer.

His use of music in Suicide Squad was one of the most inspired, clever & subtle use of songs in a movie since Apocalypse Now.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1